DTE Energy Staff Engineer - DT in Detroit, Michigan
Staff Engineer - DT-10394
The future is bright at DTE Energy! We are the largest electric and gas utility in Michigan with an aspiration to be the best-operated energy company in North America. We are a Fortune 500 company headquartered in Detroit, Michigan with businesses in 26 different states.
DTE Energy’s utility and non-utility businesses are poised for significant growth. We look forward to working with highly motivated and team-oriented individuals to energize our efforts of growing economically and environmentally.
We care for our employees and prioritize their health and safety first. Recently, DTE Energy has been recognized as an outstanding place to work and has received the following accolades:
· Gallup Great Workplace Award for 3 consecutive Years! (2013, 2014 and 2015)
· Metropolitan Detroit’s 101 Best and Brightest Companies to work For
· J.D. Power Customer Satisfaction Award
· Professional Women’s Magazine/Black EOE Journal “Best of the Best”
· Computerworld’s 100 Best Places to Work in IT
· Best Employers for a Healthy Lifestyle Gold Award
· Detroit Free Press Green Leaders Award
DTE Energy is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, disability, national origin, citizenship, height, weight, genetic information, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status or any other status protected by law.
An engineering position that incorporates planning, pipeline design, gas processing planning and development as well as production and revenue forecasting. Performs technical work requiring the application of standard engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria in carrying out tasks under supervision. Requires the use of techniques and the extension of theories, precepts, and practices of own field and related sciences of disciplines. The knowledge and expertise required for this level usually results from progressive experience. Consults supervisor concerning unusual problems and developments. Reviews work with supervision or higher level engineers.
- Determines the need to communicate changes to covered tasks defined by
Operator Qualification, initiates and participates in the communication if
- Initiates and monitors the evaluation of new technologies, materials and
Monitor activities of personnel during projects or incidents.
Must be able to make sound engineering or operational decision under limited
- Prepares Operations for regulatory inspections and attends them when
- Works closely with Operations while developing and modifying standards and
- Conducts technical or operating studies, analyze and resolve routine problems
regarding gas systems or operational deficiencies related to code compliance.
- Prepares and presents new pipeline and processing projects to potential
customers internally and externally.
- Performs engineering and economic studies, including system design, cost
and NPV analyses, on proposed natural gas pipeline and processing facilities.
- Functions as a point person for attorneys in contract review related to design
and operation of new projects.
- Performs analyses to identify strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and
competition to company's existing and potential market areas.
- Prepares testimony and data responses to requests from federal and state
government agencies and coordinate information support for regulatory filings.
- Analyzes contract data to optimize system operations to improve daily
operational efficiency and identify underutilized assets to maximize revenue.
Bachelor's degree in Engineering. Mechanical Engineering preferred.
Three to seven years of job-related experience.
Must have a valid driver's license, provide a suitable automobile for use on
Company business, and meet Company driving standards.
- Preferred to have passed Fundamentals of Engineering for Professional
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing with people at all levels both
within and outside the company.
- Interpret drawings/schematics and other design documents, federal and state
codes and develop standards and procedures to comply.
- Knowledge of AGA, ANSI Standards and ASTM, including the Company's
Standards and Procedures relation to and comply with Federal DOT Pipeline
Safety Regulations and Michigan Gas Safety Standards.
- Material Standards which include the process of introducing and approving
new materials to the system.
- Practice the corporate core values of Integrity, Respect, Learning, Business
Success and Customer Service.
- Yellow Belt preferred.
Job: Gas Distribution Operations & Maintenance
Title: Staff Engineer - DT
Primary Location: Michigan-Detroit
Requisition ID: 10394