DTE Energy Manager - Retirement Income Benefits in Detroit, Michigan
Manager - Retirement Income Benefits
Detroit, MI, US
Company: DTE Eng Corp Svcs LLC
Job ID: 8654
DTE is one of the nation’s largest diversified energy companies. Our electric and gas companies have fueled our customer’s homes and Michigan’s progress for more than a century. And as Michigan’s largest source of renewable energy, we’re creating a cleaner, healthier environment to power our future. We’re also serving communities beyond Michigan, where our affiliated businesses offer renewable energy, emission control technologies, and energy services to industries in 19 states.
But we’re more than a leading energy company... and working at DTE is more than just a job. At DTE, we take great care of each other and our customers, and we use our energy to be a force for growth and prosperity in our communities. When you join us, you’ll be part of a team that welcomes, recognizes, and celebrates differences and values everyone’s health, safety, and wellbeing. Are you ready to make that kind of difference? Bring your energy to DTE. Together, we can achieve great things.
Emergency Response: Yes – Must be available to perform a primary assignment in support of DTE’s emergency response to storms or other events that impact service to our customers.
Leads the implementation and administration of all retirement income benefit plans for the Company’s defined contribution (401(k)) and defined benefit (pension) plans, including vendor management and plan compliance. Oversees the preparation and distribution of information to employees and retirees regarding these programs. Analyzes the Company’s programs and prevailing practices among similar organizations to establish programs that are competitive in cost and design, in compliance with all legal and regulatory requirements, and in alignment with the Company’s overall total rewards strategy. Span of control – Leads small team of individual contributors.
• Conducts bi-weekly, monthly, quarterly, semi-annual, and annual audits of 401(k) processes based on existing schedule; supports internal and external annual audits
• Leads activities that ensure plans are compliant with regulatory and other governmental reporting requirements, including 5500 reporting/filing, Summary Annual Reports, Annual Funding Notice, Summary Plan Descriptions, etc.
• Oversees the creation and distribution of all retirement income benefit program communications
• Ensures that the Company's employee/retiree benefit costs are competitive within industry / benchmark standards; recommends & implements initiatives and controls to ensure same
• Ensures alignment of the retirement income programs with the Company’s overall total rewards strategy, including understanding the interrelationships with the overall benefits program, compensation, and other elements of total rewards
• Evaluates performance of service delivery (internally and from external vendors) with integrity and fairness; resolves issues related to employee/retiree benefit administration accordingly
• Develops standard operating procedures to standardize and streamline processes by utilizing best practices for all retirement income administration duties
• Plans modifications of existing benefit programs, utilizing knowledge of laws concerning defined contribution and defined benefit plans and agreements with labor unions to ensure compliance with legal requirements
• Conducts research and analysis to aid in developing plan design strategies for labor negotiations
• Oversees all retirement income administration projects
• Ensures the accomplishment of the following core supervisory/management functions for the retirement income organization: planning, organizing, directing the performance of ongoing activities and/or special/ad hoc assignments, staffing (employee selections, training, coaching and performance management, time entry), coordination, reporting and budgeting
• Leads the continuous improvement commitment and efforts for the retirement income team, including designing processes, establishing quality and quantity standards and metrics, collecting, refining, adapting, and communicating best practices, sharing knowledge, and developing staff in a systematic fashion; and uses process design outcomes to solve problems
Minimum Education & Experience Requirements
- Bachelor's degree and 7 years of experience in retirement income field (defined benefit and defined contribution areas), inclusive of 3 years of supervisory, lead worker or project leadership experience
Degree concentration in Business Administration or Human Resources
Experience working with a unionized workforce
Advanced project management skills, including excellent planning, time management, decision making, presentation and organizational skills
Effective verbal and written communication presentation skills, including written presentation content and presentation delivery
Analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to identify key issues from a broad range of alternatives and recommend optimal solutions for various situations
Flexibility and the ability to work with shifting priorities
Ability to analyze complex financial and benefit related data
Incumbents may engage in all or some combination of the activities and accountabilities and utilize a variety of the competencies cited in this description depending upon the organization and role to which they are assigned. This description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by incumbents in this job. It is not intended as an all-inclusive list of accountabilities or responsibilities, nor is it intended to limit the rights of supervisors or management representatives to assign, direct and control the work of employees under their supervision.
At DTE Energy, we are committed to providing an inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcome and a sense of belonging. We seek individuals with a heart for service, a passion to help our communities prosper, and ideas to help shape the future of energy. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer that considers all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, disability, national origin, citizenship, height, weight, genetic information, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status or any other status protected by law.