DTE Energy Engineer - Outage Management System Expert in Detroit, Michigan
Engineer - Outage Management System Expert
Detroit, MI, US
Company: DTE Electric Company
Job ID: 1293
The future is bright at DTE Energy! We are one of the largest Fortune 500 diversified utilities in the United States with an aspiration to be the best-operated energy company in North America and a force for good in the communities we live and serve. We have businesses in 26 different states and are comprised of regulated utility and non-utility businesses. Our utility business provides electric and gas service to approximately 3 million customers. Our non-utility businesses include a diversified portfolio of energy related companies, ranging from gas storage and pipelines to renewable power development.
DTE Energy’s utility and non-utility businesses are poised for significant growth. We look forward to working with highly motivated and team-oriented individuals to energize our efforts of growing economically and environmentally.
Recently, DTE Energy has been recognized as an outstanding place to work and has received the following accolades:
Gallup Great Workplace Award for consecutive years
Civic 50 Award for corporate citizenship excellence
Indeed’s annual “50 Best Places to Work” award for two years running
Metropolitan Detroit’s 101 Best and Brightest Companies to work For
J.D. Power Customer Satisfaction Award
Professional Women’s Magazine/Black EOE Journal “Best of the Best”
Computerworld’s 100 Best Places to Work in IT
Best Employers for a Healthy Lifestyle Gold Award
Detroit Free Press Green Leaders Award
DTE Energy is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, disability, national origin, citizenship, height, weight, genetic information, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status or any other status protected by law.
External Pre-Hire Assessment Required:Professional Pre-Hire Assessment
Expert level engineer responsible for planning and developing engineering projects with unique or challenging problems which may impact major company programs. Applies thorough and diversified knowledge of engineering or scientific principles and practices; makes decisions independently and represents the organization in the resolution of important issues. Evaluates progress and results obtained, makes recommendations to senior management. This position is the technical owner of DTE Energy’s Outage Management System and processes associated with it.Expert level engineer responsible for planning and developing engineering projects with unique or challenging problems which may impact major company programs. Applies thorough and diversified knowledge of engineering or scientific principles and practices; makes decisions independently and represents the organization in the resolution of important issues. Evaluates progress and results obtained, makes recommendations to senior management. This position is the technical owner of DTE Energy’s Outage Management System and processes associated with it.
• Technical owner of the Outage Management System (OMS) and interfaces from Customer Information Systems, Advanced Metering Infrastructure (AMI) systems and other up and down stream systems.
• Develops and integrates technology solutions to improve OMS operations. Such as, advanced usage of AMI, Distribution Fault Indicators, and other key technologies.
• Guides the development of new policies and ideas.
• Builds relationships with internal and/or external customers, vendors, regulatory bodies, etc., to achieve organizational and Company objectives.
• Performs complex engineering assignments that are unclearly defined.
• Establishes and reviews test procedures; supports the application of new technologies, materials and equipment.
• Oversees the implementation and manages all phases of significant projects.
• Identifies and implements high level, long term strategic and tactical plans to ensure Company objectives are met.
• Communicates and makes recommendations to senior management regarding complex technical issues.
• Serves as an expert resource for less experienced engineers. Mentors, trains or develops more junior engineers and technicians.
• Participates in publishing papers and/or leadership in relevant industry groups.
• Integrates relevant industry best practices into company standards.
Minimum Education & Experience Requirements
Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Engineering Technology and a minimum of 10 years of job relevant experience
• Bachelor’s or higher in Electrical Engineering
• Experience with Distribution Circuit design or Distribution Circuit/Equipment operations
- Experience with OMS (Outage Management System), ADMS
• Significant experience with data analysis using advanced database techniques
• Proficiency in computer applications relevant for field
• Advanced analytical and problem solving skills
• Excellent planning and continuous improvement skills
• Strong time management, prioritization, and organization skills
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to lead cross functional teams
• Ability to train and mentor others
• Expert knowledge of DTE Energy's core businesses
Incumbents may engage in all or some combination of the activities and accountabilities, and utilize a variety of the competencies cited in this description depending upon the organization and role to which they are assigned. This description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by incumbents in this job. It is not intended as an all-inclusive list of accountabilities or responsibilities, nor is it intended to limit the rights of supervisors or management representatives to assign, direct and control the work of employees under their supervision.
Nearest Major Market:Detroit
Apply now »