Xcel Energy Continuous Improvement and Procurement IT Intern- Denver CO Job in Denver, Colorado
Location(s): CO - Denver
Are you looking for an exciting job where you can put your skills, talents and education to work at a company you can feel proud to be a part of? Do you want a workplace that will challenge you and offer you opportunities to learn and grow? A professional position at Xcel Energy could be just what you’re looking for.
Are you looking for an exciting job where you can put your skills, talents and education to work at a company you can
feel proud to be a part of? Do you want a workplace that will challenge you and offer you opportunities to learn and
grow? A professional position at Xcel Energy could be just what you’re looking for.
Responsible for analysis, requirements management, process design, and implementation of process improvements
within the IT Project Management Office (PMO). Work with practitioners and process owners cross-organizationally to
identify pain points and process bottlenecks. Participate in designing process improvement solutions. Measure and
report improvements in throughput, process duration, effort or other such metrics.
• Gain understanding of project delivery processes and procurement process, their purpose and value.
• Assist with documenting and reengineering processes to streamline work, increase throughput, and reduce
• Document process improvements into steady state documentation
• Provide status reports on measurable improvements and other accomplishments
• Work directly with software to perform daily tasks
• Must currently be enrolled at an accredited college or university and pursuing an undergraduate degree in the field of Computer Science, Finance, Supply Chain or related field.
• Must be a current student who will not be graduating before the summer of 2018.
• Strong team and relationship management skills; comfortable asking questions to understand concepts
• Experience with Excel, and ability to manage spreadsheets with functions
• Familiarity with MS Visio, and experience or ability to learn process flow diagramming
• Willing to learn and contribute a portion of their day/week to standard work activities.
• Demonstrated ability to build subject matter and tool expertise, drive consistency and quality in processes, and coach/train.
• Excellent communication, collaboration and analytical skills required.
• Experience with SharePoint functionality and site design
• Experience with SAP or other ERP tool
• Experience with Access or other database tools a plus
• Experience or education on systems integration a plus
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you’re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: CO - Denver || CO - Denver || United States (US) || Utilities and Corporate Servic || 55000:Business Systems || Full-Time || Non-Bargaining ||
Requisition Number: 12071
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at email@example.com