Eversource Energy Supervisor, Electric Field Operations in Danielson, Connecticut
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHmr45H8xZE)Role and Scope of Position:
Provides leadership to ensure the safe, timely and efficient completion of work efforts relating to the construction, operation, maintenance, and emergency restoration of the electric distribution and transmission systems. Ensures effective coordination among and between individuals and departments in the district/division. Actively promotes and enforces a safety-first work environment and positive safety culture. Engages and motivates employees to deliver the best possible customer experience
Eversource is a leader in enabling a clean energy future for New England. We are making significant investments in our electric transmission and distribution system to support the integration of clean energy resources such as solar and wind power, electric vehicles, new gas and energy storage technologies.
We know that our success depends on the best efforts of our engaged team- diverse, talented, and dedicated individuals who take pride in their work and who know and exhibit the value of teamwork and collaboration and support each other in working safely every day.
We are looking for talented individuals who strive to take their careers to the next level as a Supervisor to help us continue enhancing New England’s largest energy delivery system and enabling a Clean Energy Future! Could this be you?
For a look into a day in the life of a supervisor, watch this video:
THIS POSIITION REQUIRES SHIFT WORK. MULTIPLE LOCATIONS AVAILABLE.
- Accountable for the safe execution of field activities. Sets safety expectations with employees. Resolves safety issues/concerns in an appropriate and timely manner. Communicates safety lessons learned and promotes continuous learning of safe work methods, practices, and procedures.
- Makes decisions and prioritizes work to ensure the safe and appropriate use of assigned resources.
- Sets clear expectations and provides ongoing feedback to employees regarding their performance. Effectively addresses performance issues. Conducts comprehensive performance reviews (per applicable bargaining unit contract).
- Responsible for the proper application of local union contracts and agreements. Works with managers and employees to resolve grievances and concerns in a timely and complete manner.
- Participates in pre-construction reviews and other activities to ensure the timely and efficient execution of field operations. Coordinates work with other utilities, other Eversource departments, and outside contractors as necessary.
- Ensures work complete within budgetary guidelines.
- Prepares, reviews, and approves time, expense, materials and other company records in an accurate and timely manner and in accordance with established guidelines.
- Demonstrates and role models a customer-first attitude. Seeks to quickly resolve customer issues by collaborating with employees and other departments.
- Fulfills storm duty assignments and participates in on-call rotation as required.
- Inside Supervisor:
Responsible for continuously monitoring the work planning process from initiation to close out for department work performed.
Serves as primary construction liaison with the Customer Care, Engineering, Warehousing/Transportation, and Stations Operations organizations in addition to external stakeholders such as municipalities and other utilities.
- Ensures that all job packages are construction ready and that the material availability is adequate to meet the construction schedule.
- Coordinates external agencies (ie – Telco) and internal support to ensure that critical path is maintained on all large projects.
- Supports the scheduler in producing an accurate schedule encompassing all work to be performed in the areas within the planning window.
- Works closely with the Outside Supervisors to address emergent issues and customer priority jobs.
Prepares weekly/monthly status reports highlighting the key performance metrics for the district.
Fulfills storm duty assignments and participates in on-call rotation as required.
- Working knowledge of methods, work practices, and procedures regarding the safe construction, operation, and maintenance of electric T&D facilities and infrastructure at both secondary and primary operating voltages.
- Possesses strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Must maintain switching and tagging qualifications
- Must have a strong knowledge of computers and related technology and have the ability to learn and utilize available information technologies.
- A Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent related experience required
- A minimum of Five years of related experience is required. Previous experience in electric distribution is preferred. Previous experience in a supervisory role is also preferred.
Licenses & Certifications:
- Valid Motor Vehicle License required. D.O.T. Driver’s License preferred
Compensation and Benefits:
Eversource offers a competitive total rewards program. The annual salary range for this position is $116220.00 to $129,130.00, plus incentive. Salary is commensurate with your experience. Check out the career site for an overview of our benefits.
- Must be available to work emergency restoration assignment as required.
- Must be available to travel between MA/CT/NH as necessary.
- Work is conducted outside, in varied conditions and terrain including adverse weather conditions, and in a normal office environment which requires sitting, walking, standing, stair climbing and completion of paperwork.
- Drives to various job site locations and customer premises to supervise work, and review or discuss construction job requirements.
- May work with computers for long periods of time during the day.
- Subject to shift work including weekends.
- Off-hour on-call responsibility is required on a rotational basis.
- At times requires working long hours in response to outage situations and shift coverage requirements.
Mental Aspects :
- Must be able to manage multiple activities simultaneously to meet deadlines and customer requirements.
- Requires being able to effectively relate to customers and the general-public under stressful circumstances and for prolonged periods.
- Must be able to clearly articulate job and safety related information to employees and to effectively address performance issues in a constructive manner.
- Requires being able to respond to problem situations in a timely manner at all hours of the day or night.
Set and Communicate Direction and Priorities
- Communicate priorities and goals (company, department, team)
- Show how employee’s work fits in
- Provide business updates, news
- Communicate, communicate, communicate
Build Trusting Relationships
- Role model honesty/integrity in communication and action
- Balance “getting results” with concern for individual needs
- Have honest dialogue with employees; get to know them
Manage and Develop People
- Set realistic performance objectives and expectations
- Give ongoing, honest feedback; coach for success
- Recognize good performance
- Visit crews in the field
- Remove obstacles to day-to-day performance
- Provide tools, information, training
Foster Teamwork and Cross-functional Collaboration
- Encourage cooperation/remove obstacles between work groups/departments
- Encourage collaboration/peers helping peers
Create a Diverse, Inclusive Workforce
- Ask for employee input on work process/practice improvements and before implementing change that will affect them
- Encourage ideas
- Deliver effective, positive communications about change to your team
- Exhibit a “can-do” attitude to successfully implement changes in priorities and work processes
- Respond positively to new demands or circumstances
Focus on the Customer
- Ensure that everyone on the team understands our customer promise and provides superior customer service
- Be a role model for the team on delivering superior customer service
Please submit a resume with your application.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.
- Eversource Energy Jobs