Avangrid Program Manager - Green Hydrogen in CT, United States
Program Manager - Green Hydrogen
Company: AVANGRID SERVICE COMPANY
CT, US NJ, US NY, US MA, US TX, US
About AVANGRID: AVANGRID, Inc. (NYSE: AGR) aspires to be the leading sustainable energy company in the United States. Headquartered in Orange, CT with approximately $39 billion in assets and operations in 24 U.S. states, AVANGRID has two primary lines of business: Avangrid Networks and Avangrid Renewables. Avangrid Networks owns eight electric and natural gas utilities, serving more than 3.3 million customers in New York and New England. Avangrid Renewables owns and operates a portfolio of renewable energy generation facilities across the United States. AVANGRID employs approximately 7,000 people and has been recognized by Forbes and Just Capital as one of the 2021 JUST 100 companies - a list of America's best corporate citizens - and was ranked number one within the utility sector for its commitment to the environment and the communities it serves. The company supports the U.N.’s Sustainable Development Goals and was named among the World’s Most Ethical Companies in 2021 for the third consecutive year by the Ethisphere Institute. For more information, visit www.avangrid.com (https://www.avangrid.com/wps/portal/avangrid/home)
About AVANGRID: AVANGRID, Inc. (NYSE: AGR) aspires to be the leading sustainable energy company in the United States. Headquartered in Orange, CT with approximately $39 billion in assets and operations in 24 U.S. states, AVANGRID has two primary lines of business: Avangrid Networks and Avangrid Renewables. Avangrid Networks owns eight electric and natural gas utilities, serving more than 3.3 million customers in New York and New England. Avangrid Renewables owns and operates a portfolio of renewable energy generation facilities across the United States. AVANGRID employs approximately 7,000 people and has been recognized by Forbes and Just Capital as one of the 2021 JUST 100 companies - a list of America's best corporate citizens - and was ranked number one within the utility sector for its commitment to the environment and the communities it serves. The company supports the U.N.’s Sustainable Development Goals and was named among the World’s Most Ethical Companies in 2021 for the third consecutive year by the Ethisphere Institute. For more information, visitwww.avangrid.com
Green Hydrogen (H2 Green) is central to Avangrid’s strategy driven by decarbonization, decentralization, and digitalization. Our ambition is to become a major player in renewable hydrogen, being at the forefront of global transformations in the industry, mobility, and tertiary sectors. We are recruiting top talent to grow our H2 Green team and to accelerate our development.
• Assess and identify the best geographies, segments, partners and engage with the best potential customers
• Identify potential partners & stakeholders to combine forces developing solutions
• Lead the “deep-dive” into industrial processes to co-design the solution with our partners
• Bridge the competitive gap through an innovative business model, alternative financing, disruptive technology, and partnership model to implement solutions
• Engage with potential prospects, co-design the solution, value proposal, and the business case
• Coordinate techno-economic analysis, as well as the first financial model to validate the opportunities (pre-feasibility study) and define the financing strategy including the support mechanism to bridge the funding gap
• Setup projects with a clear scope and specific objective, and identify, in consultation with a multidisciplinary team, the best options for all components of the projects: offtake, technology, equity partnership, ownership structures, contractors, suppliers, financing, etc. as well as set up and animate a multidisciplinary team (Financial, Technology & Design, Strategy, Regulator Affairs, etc.)
• Complete quantitative and qualitative analyses of hydrogen projects:
• Quantitative analyses may include cash flow modeling, forecasting addressable markets and offtakers
• Qualitative analyses will include analyzing commercial terms and conditions in contracts and regulatory analyses of impact to Avangrid
• Frame and shape a deal, make an offer, and formalize the collaboration on the concrete project through agreement (LOI, MOU)
• Define new market entry requirements and win propositions, developing a clear route map to successful pre-qualification and bid submissions and communicate clearly to pursuit and proposal teams
• Respond to RFP/RFQ launched by DOE, state agencies or third parties, create offers, and bid to win
• Build the necessary partnerships and collaborations with external & internal stakeholders
• Support Business Development Director in the development of plans for growing and managing major accounts and engages team members in executing strategy.
Skills and Requirements
Education & Experience Required:
• B.S. in Engineering (Electrical, Mechanical or Chemical preferred) with a minimum of 7-10 years relevant experience in managing complex, technical programs or projects.
• MBA or Master of Finance/Economic is preferred
• Demonstrated knowledge in hydrogen offtaker industry, syngas, ammonia, refinery, petrochemical, LNG, chemicals, etc.
• Electric & gas utility industry knowledge is preferred.
• Utility tariff & rate knowledge is preferred.
• Knowledge in the areas of energy markets structures, state and federal energy law and local regulations preferred.
• Demonstrated experience in analytical, structured, and project management with a hands-on approach
• Demonstrated experience in strong negotiation skills with sound business sense and a focus on win-win and partnership
• Must be able to influence,
• Self-starter with an ability to adapt to different team dynamics, stakeholders, or other ways of working,
• Team-player demonstrating empathy and respect for others,
• Results oriented with strong critical and creative thinking, decision-making and problem-solving skills,
• Excellent communicating and influencing skills with the ability to:
present complex, technical topics to internal and external audiences of various sizes and knowledge levels
write proposals, reports and other documents in a clear and concise manner to advance program initiatives from a business and regulatory perspective
read and interpret tariffs, regulatory orders, federal/local regulations and reports
• Strong cross functional team skills and desire to serve co-workers
• Must be able to speak and write fluently in English. Other languages are a plus.
Please also note that AVANGRID currently has a COVID-19 vaccination Policy in place that, among other requirements, requires all employees to disclose their COVID-19 vaccination status. Any applicant who receives a conditional offer will be required to submit acceptable documentation regarding their COVID-19 vaccination status after receiving such conditional offer and prior to commencing employment. This Policy also requires all employees to either become fully vaccinated or to undergo weekly testing beginning on February 9, 2022. All AVANGRID policies may be modified or discontinued at any time, for any reason at the Company’s full and sole discretion.
Be a role model
Collaborate and Share
Develop Self & Others
Empower to grow
Focus to achieve results
Please note that any applicant who is not a citizen of the country of the vacancy will be subject to compliance with the applicable immigration requirements to legally work in that country
Avangrid employees may be assigned a system emergency role and in the event of a system emergency, may be required to work outside of their regular schedule/job duties. This is applicable to employees that will work in Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, and New York within AVANGRD Network and Corporate functions. This does not include those that will work for Avangrid Renewables
AVANGRID’s employment practices and policies are geared to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. At AVANGRID we provide fair and equal employment and advancement opportunities for all employees and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Learn more about equal employment by following this link (https://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf)
If you are an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who is unable to use our online tool to search for or to apply for jobs, you may request a reasonable accommodation by contacting our Human Resources department at 203-499-2777 or email@example.com