Liberty Utilities Coordinator I, Operations in Columbus, Georgia
Coordinator I, Operations
Columbus, GA, US, 31901Gainesville, GA, US, 30501
Our purpose is sustaining energy and water for life, and it is demonstrated in everything we do as a business, and as an employee team.
At Liberty, we hire passionate people who care about doing the right thing for our customers. We are entrepreneurial, creative, and outcome-focused. Here, your natural talent and achievements will flourish in an inclusive environment of teamwork, trust and continuous learning. We are always pursuing excellence to exceed our ambitions goals, rewarding both the goal outcome and how we achieve it.
The Operations Coordinator is responsible for field operations activities related to scheduling MDT workload as appropriate, resolving measurement errors, receiving and scheduling construction and basic administrative functions and coordinating maintenance orders.
Dispatches, monitors, controls and reschedules MDT daily workload including emergency orders as appropriate; reads all system generated reports and makes preparations for next day and schedules operations workload.
• Provides general administrative support to field operations including generates, closes and reschedules construction, service and compliance orders.
• Acts as first point of contact for customers accessing the company by phone when CSR’s are not available
• Generates and maintains various long and reports on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
• Assists service and construction/maintenance personnel by communicating pertinent data and other information related to various situations.
• Must become familiar with the contents of the Safety Manual, live by the spirit of its intent and become involved in creating and maintaining a safe work environment.
• Must complete all required safety training. May be required to mentor, train and guide the development of others.
• Demonstrate ethical, professional conduct at all times; complies with the Liberty Utilities company code of ethics.
• Provide prompt, efficient, courteous service to both internal and external customers.
• Perform other duties and tasks as determined by the Company to be in the best interest of the Company and customers served.
Education and Experience
•High School Diploma or a GED
• 3-5 years related experience and industry knowledge of specific call types including emergencies, field experience working operations and compliance work orders is preferred.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint) computer skills in data entry, reporting reference and/or retrieval tasks.
• Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Requires the ability to communicate with internal and/or external customers and/or provide explanations and/or information.
• Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
Years of Experience
Algonquin Power & Utilities Corp. is a growing renewable energy and utility company with over $15 billion of assets across North America and internationally.
For more than 30 years, Algonquin has demonstrated an unwavering commitment to delivering clean energy and water solutions. Our rapid growth has led both our regulated utility services and renewable energy business groups into different geographies and commodities, but our purpose remains unchanged – Sustaining Energy and Water for Life.
Through our operating business (Liberty), we provide regulated electricity, water, and natural gas utility services to over 1 million customer connections, primarily in North America. And, our growing portfolio of clean, renewable wind, solar, hydro and thermal power generation facilities represent over 3 GW of renewable generation capacity in operation and under construction.
With our robust, diversified, and growing presence in communities across North America and internationally, we are continually demonstrating our “Think Global, Act Local” business model.
What we offer
Company funded Pension program
401k with Company match
Full insurance benefits (health/dental/vision/life)
Collaborative environment with a genuine flexible working policy
Share purchase/match plan
Defined Contribution savings plan
Top Talent Program
Volunteer paid days off
Employee Assistance Program
We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you are excited about this role and are not certain you meet the all the qualification requirements, we encourage you to apply to further investigate the opportunity.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value each person’s unique background, diversity, experiences, perspectives and talents. Full participation of all employees in a safe, healthy and respectful environment is key to individual and company success. We are committed to fully utilizing the abilities of all of our employees and expect each of our employees to honor this commitment in their daily responsibilities.