NextEra Energy Transmission System Operator (Clifton Park, NY) in Clifton Park, New York
Transmission System Operator (Clifton Park, NY)
- Date:May 2, 2021
Primary Location: Clifton Park, NY, US, 12065
Company: NextEra Energy
Requisition ID: 48657
NextEra Energy Transmission, LLC (NEET) is the leading competitive transmission company in North America. We develop, finance, construct, operate, and maintain transmission assets across the continent.
Position Specific Description
This job is responsible for directing all activities within the System Control Center. Employees in this role maintain the reliability of the transmission system according to NYISO and NERC reliability standards and company operating practices. This position supervises all daily operational activities of Division Load Dispatchers and, fulfills the requirements of the NYISO Reliability Coordinator Agent functions according to the NYISO Security Process for the Bulk Electric System (BES).
NERC Certified System Operator
Understand of Transmission and Substation systems
Experience with SCADA and EMS
This job is responsible for directing all activities within the System Control Center. Employees in this role maintain reliability of the transmission system according to FRCC and NERC reliability standards and company operating practices. This position supervises all daily operational activities of Division Load Dispatchers and, fulfills the requirements of the FRCC Reliability Coordinator Agent functions according to per the FRCC Security Process for the Bulk Electric System (BES).
Job Duties & Responsibilities
• Operates the transmission system to meet demand requirements
• Forecasts near-term demand
• Oversees the processing of requests for transmission service and schedules of all interchange transactions by the Power Coordinators
• Evaluates process generation, transmission and substation equipment clearance requests consistent with system reliability
• Informs management of emergencies affecting the reliability or economics of the power system
• Complies with all FERC, NERC and FRCC reliability standards requirements associated with the operation of the BES
• Interprets alarms with a thorough knowledge and understanding of system operations and take actions as required to maintain the transmission system within required limits
• Attends required training classes to maintain NERC certification
• Ability to meet attendance and storm duty requirements
• Ability to work extended hours
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned
• Bachelor's or Equivalent Experience
• Experience:7+ years
• High School/GED or Equivalent Work Exp
• Master's - Business Administration
• Master's - Engineering
• Master's Degree
Employee Group: Exempt
Employee Type: Full Time
Job Category: Operations
Organization: NextEra Transmission, LLC
Location: Clifton Park, New York
Other Work Locations: New York
Relocation Provided: Yes, if applicable
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 844-694-4748. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energydoes notaccept any unsolicited resumes or referrals fromany third-party recruiting firms or agencies. Please see ourfor more information.
- NextEra Energy Jobs