Associated Electric Cooperative, Inc. Chemical Lab Technician 3rd Period in Clifton Hill, Missouri
Discover a POWERful career at Associated Electric! Our organization offers challenging and rewarding work with career development and internal mobility opportunities - all within a family friendly and community centric culture. Our purpose is simple - to provide safe, reliable and affordable energy for our member-owners. At Associated Electric, one of the largest electric cooperatives in the nation, opportunities to gain valuable experience and contribute new ideas in an ever-changing industry are endless.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
· Safe and efficient operation of equipment and tools necessary to perform the functions of the Chemical Lab.
· Under the direction of Chemical Lab Management and Chemical Lab Technicians, the in-step technician collects, prepares, and analyzes Power Plant coal, water, and environmental water samples, chemical samples, and samples of other materials used in the operation of the power plant.
· Collects environmental water samples from the ponds, surrounding areas on plant property and wells.
· Conducts sample analysis in accordance with standard procedures established by Chemical Lab Management.
· Operates equipment in the laboratory, including, but not limited to, general laboratory equipment and glassware, sample preparation equipment, laboratory balances, coal analysis equipment, mercury analysis equipment, water analysis equipment, and spectrophotometer.
· Performs analysis of special samples requiring special or nonstandard procedures and may also perform nonstandard analysis.
· Performs routine preventative maintenance and calibration on water and gas monitoring equipment.
· Adjusts and operates chemical feeding and demineralizing equipment.
· Uses necessary hand tools, miscellaneous equipment, and handheld technology.
· Accomplishes more skilled work as they progress from Chemical Lab Technician 1 st Period through 4 th Period to a Chemical Lab Techncian.
· Keeps work area in clean and orderly manner.
· Follows all policies and procedures established by the Operations Department and AECI.
· Performs any other work as assigned; however, work will not be assigned arbitrarily or capriciously.
Requirements and Qualifications:
· High school diploma or GED required.
· College courses referenced below are required; these requirements do not include prerequisites or developmental courses.
· Must have successfully completed (C average or higher):
· Twelve semester hours of college level chemistry
· Four semester hours of college algebra or higher math
· Four semester hours of other higher college math or computer science
· Previous laboratory experience will be considered and is preferred.
· Basic computer skills required.
· Must achieve and maintain a competent level of technical skills and knowledge in order to satisfactorily perform tasks and duties.
· Must demonstrate willingness to learn all components of the entire power plant.
An equal opportunity employer and provider/disability/veteran. (http://eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf)
Applying for a position at Thomas Hill Energy Center and/or New Madrid Power Plant?
Our pre-employment testing procedure has changed effective July 19, 2022 . When you apply, you will receive an email with additional information.
Discover a POWERful opportunity at Associated Electric Cooperative.About 910,000 homes, farms and businesses count on their rural electric cooperatives to deliver electricity 24/7. And they do with power from Associated Electric, the wholesale power supplier to six regional generation and transmission cooperatives (G&Ts) that serve 51 local electric cooperatives in Missouri, southeast Iowa and northeast Oklahoma. Each employee at Associated Electric plays a part in providing economic and reliable power to member-owners. Associated employs about 700 people full time at one Arkansas and three Missouri locations, offering employment opportunities across a wide spectrum of technical, operational and professional disciplines. The cooperative is committed to employees and provides a competitive compensation and benefit package, as well as opportunities for personal and professional development. Associated Electric has many strengths: tremendous generation and transmission assets; a strong balance sheet; and a dedicated, talented workforce. If you are ready to work with a company whose financial position and credit ratings continue to be among the best in the country and in a work environment where leaders truly care about the well-being of the workforce, you have come to the right place.