WEC Energy Group Big Data Developer in Chicago, WI, Illinois
5748BRJob Title:Big Data DeveloperRequisition Number:5748BRTitle:Big Data DeveloperLocation(s):IL - Chicago, WI - Green Bay, WI - MilwaukeeCompany(s):WEC Business Services Summary:
WEC Business Services, a subsidiary of WEC Energy Group (WEC Business Services, We Energies, Wisconsin Public Service, Peoples Gas, North Shore Gas, Michigan Gas Utilities, Minnesota Energy Resources, and Bluewater Gas Storage), is seeking a Big Data Developer in our Milwaukee, WI, Chicago, IL, or Green Bay, WI location.
If you’re talented, energetic and ready for a career with a future, consider joining our team. We are one of the nation’s largest electric generation and distribution and natural gas delivery holding companies.
As a Big Data Developer, you’ll work on designing, developing, deploying and supporting various Business Intelligence and Analytics applications within our big data platform. Presently, our team is constructing an enterprise data lake to enable analysts to self-service data at scale across WEC Energy Group. You’ll be working in an agile environment utilizing a modern coding approach and technologies such as Spark, EMR, and native AWS toolsets to deliver solutions to analytics professionals and end users. Other responsibilities will include establishing best practices for our AWS data lake, ETL design and implementation, schema design, data visualization and report development.
• Design and develop highly scalable and extensible data pipelines from various sources leveraging Spark, Scala, Lambda, and Glue within AWS.
• Ensure data is secure at all levels within the AWS data lake.
• Work with cross-functional teams to enable business capabilities by designing, developing, deploying, and supporting ETL, data models, reports and data visualization tools within our AWS Data Lake environment.
• Optimize queries, data models, and storage formats to meet or exceed specified requirements.
• Design, develop, and maintain reusable code libraries for applications and cloud formation.
• Work in a team environment to support business needs and meet client SLA expectations.
This position is part of the IT Applications Consultant job family.
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field
• Minimum of 3+ years in an information systems support role
• Strong technical understanding of subject area and strong analytical skills is also required
• 3+ years of AWS development and architect experience with AWS technologies such as EC2, Lambda, Spark, EMR and Redshift
• Experience with languages such as Scala, Java, C#
• Applied knowledge of data modeling principles
• Strong understanding of RDBMS systems and SQL querying techniques
• Experience with infrastructure-as-code concepts utilizing CloudFormation
• Experience with software engineering tools and workflows using tools such as Jenkins, Git and TFS
• Experience in other cloud platforms such as Azure and GCP is a plus
• AWS Certification(s) preferred
Interested candidates must apply online no later than the job posting expiration date.
We reserve the right to modify the application deadline or discontinue accepting applications for any position if deemed necessary.
Learn more at Careers
WEC Energy Group and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
EEO/AA policies and statements