Exelon Sr. Digital Communications Specialist, Public Advocacy in CHICAGO, Illinois
At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 100 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
Exelon’s Public Advocacy team is charged with creating strategic, innovative, and integrated campaigns focused on achieving the company's policy outcomes. As a key member of the Public Advocacy team, the Digital Advocacy Specialist is responsible for planning and executing the digital aspects of integrated campaigns focused on achieving those policy outcomes. The Specialist will work closely with internal teams from government affairs, corporate communications and others throughout Exelon's operating companies. The Specialist provides social media and digital communications support to Exelon’s companywide policy strategy. Together with agency support, the position helps drive Exelon’s digital and social media content strategy and routinely collaborates across other Exelon BSC (parent company) stakeholders, Exelon Utilities functions and operating companies (OpCo) to develop social content designed to drive channel growth, positively influence key stakeholders, support policy priorities, and ensure consistency in voice and messaging across channels.
The Digital Advocacy Specialist regularly analyzes and reports on campaign performance and real-time monitoring requests as needed. The position also reports on campaign performance and makes recommendations to optimize strategy based on multiple data sources.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
Developing full digital advocacy campaigns including digital assets (i.e. microsites), organic social media, paid social media, and content related to state and federal campaigns.
Serve as primary point of contact – with internal teams and external coalitions in key states – for policy-centric social media content development based on Exelon and operating company needs.
Develop supporting external and employee engagement plans to support digital advocacy campaigns (i.e. petitions and other outreach) and evaluate employee advocacy efforts for potential optimization/scaling as needed.
Manage relationships with external vendors to ensure timely development of policy-centric social media content development.
Grow, track and organize channel audiences across all social media platforms in conjunctions with external partners, maintain the content calendar. 6. Daily responsibilities include:
• Actively monitoring, listening, and rapidly responding to inbound messages to coalitions that Exelon is a member of.
• Ensuring both private and public social communications reflect Exelon brand values and messaging priorities.
• Posting on channels real-time, as needed.
• Refining and approving social/digital media content related to state and federal campaigns.
Establish and manage regular reporting cadence and provide recommendations for content, response and strategy optimization based on policy goals.
Monitor trends in social media tools, applications, channels, design and strategy and synchronize enterprise campaigns to important external events.
Brainstorm ideas for digital and social media stories and third-party media partnerships.
• 4-year relevant degree and a minimum of 5 to 8 years’ experience in communications, campaign management or community/grassroots engagement.
• Demonstrated ability to produce comprehensive and innovative social media strategies and content in support of high-profile initiatives and campaigns.
• Demonstrated knowledge and ability to pull social media analytics, both natively and via a publishing platform and interpret data to make strategy recommendations and create comprehensive, actionable reports.
• Experience with enterprise social media listening and management software.
• Experience creating and executing paid social media plans on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
• Excellent writing and copy-editing skills, experience writing for multiple audiences and platforms.
• Experience managing or interacting with digital agencies and internal IT stakeholders.
• Familiarity with design and web development processes and guiding principles.
• Proven, excellent communications skills – both written and interpersonal.
• Strong writer able to persuade and educate readers/stakeholders.
• Ability to manage multiple campaigns simultaneously while paying close attention to tactical details (task-oriented executer)
• Ability to work strategically and interface easily with senior business leaders and external audiences including local elected officials, media, and stakeholders.
• Master’s degree in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, Public Policy, or related field preferred.
• Experience on a state or federal political campaign.
• Energy business/industry knowledge
DISCLAIMER The preceding position description is intended to provide the general nature and level of work to be performed by employees within this classification. It is not intended to be a detailed description of the position or a comprehensive listing of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position, nor is it intended to indicate the exact amounts of time an individual will perform various position duties.
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor EEO is the Law Poster:http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm
Job Corporate Affairs
Organization: BSC Communications, Public Advocacy and Corporate Relations
Title: Sr. Digital Communications Specialist, Public Advocacy
Other Locations: US-DC-WASHINGTON
Requisition ID: 215135