WEC Energy Group Construction Project Manager in Chicago, Illinois
6139BRJob Title:Construction Project ManagerRequisition Number:6139BRTitle:Construction Project Manager I/IILocation(s):IL - ChicagoCompany(s):Peoples Gas Summary:
Peoples Gas, a subsidiary of WEC Energy Group, is seeking a Construction Project Manager I/II in our Chicago, IL location.
The Construction Project Manager is responsible and accountable for assisting in the implementation of major, moderately complex field construction projects.
• Develop and maintain a project culture which focuses on safe work environment, quality performance and regulatory compliance.
• Foster and maintain positive relationships with all internal and external project interfaces including but not limited to government, customer, regulator, media, contractor audit, supplier, legal and general public interests.
• Represent the Company in meeting with internal and external stakeholders with an understanding of how potential changes impact overall Company processes.
• Work with the contractors to ensure that the project is completed in accordance with project requirements and manage the permit process.
• Provide input on the internal training curriculum and provide guidance to field staff to ensure compliance with Company and municipal requirements as well as consistency across all projects.
• Oversee quality control and quality assurance efforts and ensure requirements are monitored.
• Manage the collection of completed units in the field and ensure alignment with contractors to facilitate expedited invoice review and approval.
• Provide updates on actual costs incurred and document potential changes as well as forecast spend and schedule durations for individual project activities.
• Manage the close-out process with the contractor for individual projects.
• Assist with the resolution of complaints and citations as needed.
This is a job family posting (Construction Project Manager I & II) and experience will be the determining factor.
1+ years Federal, State, and Local Codes and Regulatory Requirements
1+ years Interfacing with operations in an industrial plant, manufacturing plant or power plant
3+ years Construction contracts and commercial terms, status reporting, procurement practices, industry
standards, industrial business, engineering knowledge, construction safety
3+ years Gas Operations/Pipeline Experience
5+ years Project management of construction / capital equipment projects
Valid Drivers License
- Bachelors Degree
Interested candidates must apply online no later than the job posting expiration date.
We reserve the right to modify the application deadline or discontinue accepting applications for any position if deemed necessary.
Learn more at Careers (http://www.wecenergygroup.com/careers)
WEC Energy Group and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
EEO/AA policies and statements (http://www.wecenergygroup.com/careers/equal-employment-opportunity.htm)