Eversource Energy Lead Advisor, Safety in Cheshire, Connecticut
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHmr45H8xZE)Support Eversource in the administration, development and improvement of the occupational safety and health programs focusing on Substation Operations. Serve as both a technical and internal management partner in the prevention of injuries and illnesses, ensuring regulatory compliance and incorporating best practices into ES’s safety management system. In addition to the Advisor, Safety responsibilities, the Lead Advisor, Safety is responsible for the program development, management, and facilitation to assure consistent and effective application throughout the ES enterprise. Will assist Safety management in the execution of safety programs in all business environments, including field operations, plants and offices. Act as the respective safety manager in their absence.
- Fulfills the role of Advisor, Safety and:
- Develops strategic and programmatic solutions to ensure compliance and incorporate best practices applicable to occupational safety and health programs, policies, rules, and regulations.
- Provides program oversight and facilitation to field operations, field safety advisors and safety vendors.
- Develops, implements and monitors / assesses program(s) effectiveness.
- Provides feedback to Safety Managers, ES operations management on programmatic solutions to safety compliance and performance concerns.
- Facilitates management of causal identification for program needs assessments and future program(s) developments.
- Supports Safety Managers providing statistical analysis and data relevant to safety and health programs and acts on their behalf, as assigned.
Identifies and coordinates the execution of the necessary resources to successfully implement safety and health programs.
Provides storm restoration and emergency assignments up to and including the safety branch director of the ICS system and emergency response plan. Technical Knowledge/Skill/Education/Licenses/Certifications: Technical Knowledge/Skills:
Knowledge of Substation Equipment, Isolation, Lock Out/ Tag Out and Grounding procedures
- Knowledge of power system maintenance and operation.
- Requires knowledge of Eversource Operation’s practices and procedures
- Requires a thorough understanding of the Company’s safety rules
- Knowledge of construction site safety is required
- Requires specific knowledge of local and federal regulations (OSHA and DOT) safety laws, and State Departments of Public Safety requirements as they pertain to electric, gas and water utility industries
- Knowledge of OSHA regulations as well as sound safety management principles and practices.
- Knowledge of Distribution operations and associated electrical, gas systems, construction practices and renewable energy practices is highly desired.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and strong organizational skills;
- Strong project leadership skills;
- Willingness to work independently as well as with teams;
Willingness to build rapport/credibility with both management and the skilled craftworkforce Education:
Bachelor’s degree in Safety, Safety management, Engineering or equivalent combined education and experience is required Experience:
Five (5) to eight (8) years related experience is required, with program management skills and safety experience highly desirable. Licenses & Certifications:
Additional safety related training programs and certifications such as the National Safety Council’s Advanced Safety Certificate, Associate Safety Professional (ASP), Certified Safety Professional (CSP)preferred Working Conditions:
Must be available to work emergency restoration assignment as required.
Must be available to travel between MA/CT/NH as necessary.
Must be available to travel occasionally beyond the assigned region to attend specialmeetings/training/conferencesor during storm conditions.
- Work is often conducted outside, in varied conditions and terrain including adverse weather conditions, and in a normal office environment which requires sitting, walking, standing, stair climbing and completion of paperwork.
- Must be available to work on-call on a rotating basis.
This position is categorized as safety-sensitive for the purpose of drug testing. Successful applicants shall be subject to a pre-assignment drug test if the individual is currently in a non-safety sensitive position. As an employee in this position the individual shall be subject to random drug testing. A positive drug test will result in disciplinary action. Mental Aspects :
Work includes analyzing, consulting, designing, implementing, training, presenting, and coordinating.
- This role works in an environment that often requires the performance of multiple simultaneous activities, where deadlines need to be met and work is performed under pressure while involving significant business commitments and results.
Must be able to clearly articulate job and safety related information to employees and to effectively address performance issues in a constructive manner. Leadership Behaviors/Competencies: Set and Communicate Direction and Priorities
Know the business plan and how your role connects to it
- Identify problems, issues; take responsibility for resolution
- Set high standards for self; deliver quality performance
- Raise ideas for improvement
Communicate, communicate, communicate Build Trusting Relationships
Follow through on commitments made to manager, colleagues, and customers.
- Address difficult or controversial issues and encourage others to do the same.
Have honest dialogue with others Manage and Develop People
Set performance goals that align with department and company goals
- Meet regularly with your supervisor/manager to discuss your performance
Seek opportunities to develop skills and gain knowledge through on the job opportunities, i.e. working on projects, attending meetings, etc. Foster Teamwork and Cross-functional Collaboration
Work collaboratively within and across the organization to achieve “One Company” and other goals
Recognize and address cross functional implications of your work Create a Diverse, Inclusive Workforce
Incorporate the diverse ideas and perspectives of team, colleagues, and customers in your work Lead Change
Proactively seek out opportunities to improve business performance and customer service.
- Respond positively to new demands or circumstances
Exhibit a “can-do” attitude to support changes in priorities and work processes Focus on the Customer
Deliver superior service to our customers, both internal and external, in a reliable, attentive, courteous, quality, proactive and timely mannerPlease submit a resume with your application.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
Eversource requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by their first day of employment.If you have any concerns regarding compliance with this requirement, you will need to discuss your concerns with Eversource’s HR department after a decision has been made about whether or not to make you a conditional offer of employment. Eversource does not require applicants to discuss vaccination status prior to receipt of a conditional offer of employment and complies with all applicable laws requiring reasonable accommodation.
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.
- Eversource Energy Jobs