Tennessee Valley Authority Business Intelligence Analyst (C) - 512270 in CHATTANOOGA, Tennessee
Business Intelligence Analyst (C) - 512270
Job ID:512270Location:CHATTANOOGA, TNRegular/Temporary:Regular
Business Intelligence Analyst (C) - 512270
Organization: Technology & Innovation
Department:ENTERPRISE ANALYTICS & PROD
Location: Chattanooga, Knoxville, Nashville, TN / Huntsville, AL
Relocation Offered: No
Posting Open: 11/16/2021
Posting Closing: at 12/16/2021 11:59pm EST
The Business Intelligence Analyst C leads in collaboration with T&I peers and business partners to support self-service BI solutions and the Data & Analytics Center of Excellence. Acts as the SME for planning, design, and implementation of analytical models and BI tools by providing support and education opportunities to the enterprise.
In compliance with federal vaccination requirements, TVA employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 no later than November 22, 2021. Offers of employment for this position are contingent upon receipt of acceptable documentation proving that the candidate is fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to their established start date, unless the applicant has requested and been granted an accommodation for disability or religious reasons.
The business intelligence (BI) analyst provides strategic, analytical, and technical support for business intelligence activities. The analyst leverages data to gain key insight into business opportunities, and effectively presents these insights to business stakeholders. The analyst is also heavily involved with the distribution and successful delivery of all BI reports. The position will be responsible for the design and implementation of enterprise BI Software and Systems. This includes requirements gathering, analysis, planning, selection, blueprinting, designing, developing, rolling out, and end-user training. Also responsible for coordinating and supporting the analyzation, designing, and developing database/data warehouse components, including hardware, relational database management systems, ETL software, metadata management tools and database design solutions.
Supervisory Responsibility— Independently performs assignments with instructions as to general results expected. Incumbent plans and executes the work with minimal supervision and works under the direction of a team leader or department manager.
• Takes the lead on partnering with Data Stewards and Business Stakeholders for eliciting and documenting business requirements
• Takes the lead in collaborating with data governance, data engineers, and business teams in defining and documenting business requirements for new metrics and reports
• Designs, develops, and maintains reports, analytical models and enterprise data tools
• Performs ongoing monitoring and refinement of reports
• Provides technical support for existing reports, dashboards, or other tools
• Collaborates with Data Governance in analyzing data errors and inconsistencies and provides timely resolutions
• Translates data results into written reports, tables, graphs and charts to convey information to leadership and management
• Creates written communication materials that effectively summarize findings and support recommendations
• Supports Data Engineers in designing appropriate data pipelines and / or integrations needed for reporting & business insight
• Develop operational procedures for reporting and business intelligence
• Creates ad hoc reports and views on a frequent basis to assist management in understanding researching and analyzing issues
• Verification that systems meet all business requirements, including reliability and process volumes for reporting solutions
• Teaches and advocates the use of business intelligence tools across levels of organization
• Defines and establishes standards and policies for use with reporting and dashboarding
• Teach others through doing, knowledge sharing, mentoring and training
• Focuses on personal development, takes ownership in staying current in latest IT best-practices, embraces a learning mindset, and is open to feedback
• Effectively collaborates and builds relationships to strengthen the IT and Business partnership, as needed
• Uses critical thinking in daily work to solve problems, make decisions, and manage time
• Works to solve ambiguous problems, business needs, or conflicts and proactively identifies and mitigates risk.
• A Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics, or related field of study; or equivalent education, training & experience.
• MBA or data related certification preferred
• Demonstrated experience using data to drive business decisions
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in project management and 5 years with business analytics
• Demonstrated experience in writing software requirements and testing specifications.
• Demonstrated experience using data to drive business decisions and ability to implement complex reporting requirements.
• The ability to work independently and as a team member. Soft skill set includes strong interpersonal and communication skills for interfacing with vendors/ external customers. May be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance based on position / access requirements and essential job functions.
• The ideal candidate will have a combination of IT skills, data governance skills, and analytics skills with a technical or computer science degree. Occasional travel may be needed for training, work assignments, or meetings. May be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance based on position / access requirements and essential job functions.
● Languages/Platform DBMS Desired SSRS, SSAS, SSIS, C#, MS SQL Server, Oracle ETL Architecture experience, VB.Net, VS2010/08
● Advanced analytical skills and attention to detail
● Proven ability to quickly learn new applications, processes, and procedures
● Able and willing to collaborate in a team environment and exercise independent judgment
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills
● Professional image with the ability to form good partner relationships across functions
● Advanced knowledge of MS Office, SQL, and MS SQL Server, Power BI, Cognos, Erwin, Qlik, Tableau
Equal Employment Opportunity
TVA values and embraces diversity. We encourage all individuals to apply regardless of race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, sex, abilities/disabilities, sexual orientation, religion, veteran status and age. We strive to be inclusive of all the people we serve across the Valley.
TVA is an Equal Opportunity employer and complies with all applicable laws and regulations regarding equal employment opportunities. Any applicant or employee who believes s/he has a discrimination claim (including harassment or retaliation) must contact TVA’s Equal Opportunity Compliance office within 45 calendar days of the event or action s/he believes to constitute discrimination, harassment, or retaliation.
All TVA Non-Nuclear employees are covered by TVA's Federal Drug-Free Workplace Program Plan, in accordance with Executive Order 12564, Public Law 100-71 and the Mandatory Guidelines for Federal Workplace Drug Testing. Information regarding the Drug Free Workplace Program can be found at www.samhsa.gov/workplace . TVA Non-Nuclear employees in Testing Designated Positions, including those performing safety-sensitive duties are also subject to random drug testing. TVA Nuclear employees are subject to random alcohol and drug tests in accordance with 10 CFR Part 26 as mandated by the Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC).
How to Claim Vet Preference
If you are a U.S. Military Veteran and would like to be considered a preference-eligible veteran for the purposes of your employment application to TVA, please take the necessary actions outlined in the application process. Please submit your military documents each time you apply for a position.
How to Submit Documentation:
1) Upload documents after you complete the application by clicking Careers Home, Cover Letters and Attachments, and Add Attachment, or
2) Email documents to [email protected]