Michels Corp Associate Project Manager - Michels Power, Inc. in Charleston, West Virginia
Associate Project Manager - Michels Power, Inc.
Location Charleston, WV
Employment duration Full time
Added to system 2/8/24 4:29 PM
Apply Now (https://phg.tbe.taleo.net/phg01/ats/careers/v2/applyRequisition?org=MICHELSCORP&cws=41&rid=10800)
Strengthening our nation’s power grid isn’t easy, but reliable electrical service is essential to everyday life. Every time someone charges an iPhone, cranks up the A/C or turns on a computer, we are busy behind the scenes making it happen. Michels Power, Inc. is one of the largest, most sought-after power delivery contractors in the United States. We do it all – from building transmission lines and substations to distribution networks and inside wiring. We also restore power after natural disasters strike. Our work improves lives. Find out how a career at Michels Power, Inc. can change yours.
As an Associate Project Manager, your key responsibilities will be to provide project support for all aspects of transmission construction. This includes understanding the terms and scope of the contract as it applies to the project, and to track material, production, and project costs, and provide documentation to the Project Manager. Ideal candidates will have a knowledge on the civil side of things, including matting, access and knowledge of ROW.
Why Michels Power, Inc.?
· We are consistently ranked among the top 10% of Engineering News-Record’s Top 400 Contractors
· Our steady, strategic growth revolves around a commitment to quality
· We are family owned and operated
· We invest an average of $5,000 per employee on training each year
· We reward hard work and dedication with limitless opportunities
· We believe it is everyone’s responsibility to promote safety, regardless of job titles
· We offer a comprehensive benefits program, including Health, Dental, Life, Flexible Spending Accounts, Health Savings Account, Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance, 401(k) plan, Legal Plan, and Identity Theft and Monitoring Plan. Depending on your positions and location you may participate in a different benefit plan.
· You thrive in fast-paced environments under tight deadlines
· You relish new challenges and evolving technology
· You enjoy collaborating and communicating with your teammates
· You like to know your efforts are noticed and appreciated
· You have a strong attention to detail
· You exceed in your ability to handle multiple projects at once
What it takes:
· Bachelor’s degree in Project Management, Construction Management, Engineering, or related field (equivalent years of related experience also acceptable)
· Prior Internship or Full-Time experience working in a construction field based or related role
· Experience with job cost tracking software, estimating software, and Primavera (preferred)
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· A valid driver license for the type(s) of vehicles you may be driving and an acceptable driving record