Pike Corporation Groundman - Underground (GAS) in Charleston, South Carolina
Position Summary:The Underground Groundman (Gas) is an entry level position in the construction, maintenance and repair of natural gas underground distribution systems. This position works at various locations. The position may also be required to travel to another state depending on customer demands.
· Work safely while performing new construction, maintenance or repair work as it relates to natural gas construction.**
· Frequently works around live gas systems requiring skill and care to protect the lives of themselves and others.**
· Maintains company vehicles, equipment and tools in good working order.**
· Able to perform rigorous physical labor.**
· Understands proper use of company radio.**
· Understand the proper use and maintenance of hand tools.**
· Capable of receiving and following directions.**
· Possess a basic knowledge of materials used in natural gas construction work.**
· Understands the basic concepts of equipment set up.**
· Understands excavation and shoring requirements.**
· Understands when to wear personnel protective equipment.**
· Works in underground trenches and manholes.**
· Able to identify different types of materials used in natural gas construction work.**
· Must be able to work outside, frequently in inclement weather.**
· Does all other related work as required to complete the job.**
•No experience necessary.
•Able to read and communicate effectively in English.
•Able to obtain a Commercial Driver’s License permit within 60 days of employment.
•A Commercial Driver’s License is preferred.
•Able to travel long distances on short notice, when required.
•Able to work for extended periods in various locations, when required.
•Able to lift in excess of 50 lbs.
•Willing to work over-time when requested.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to fingers, handle to feel; and reach with hands and arms.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to a variety of extreme conditions at construction job sites. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud. This position is performed in outside weather conditions.
•Must be able to follow Company safety rules and all other Company policies.
/Pike is an Equal Opportunity Employer/
/Pike Electric, LLC is a Non-Union Company/
NOTE:This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as requested to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Organization: *Pike Corporation, Inc.
Title: Groundman - Underground (GAS)
Location: South Carolina-Charleston
Requisition ID: 180001C6