MasTec Utility Services Cable Splicer in Charleston, South Carolina
MasTec North America, Inc . is a leading national infrastructure construction company operating throughout the United States. MasTec – Utility Services Group’s activities include the installation, maintenance and upgrade of communication and utility infrastructure, including but not limited to: communications, electrical and natural gas distribution infrastructure.
At MasTec you’ll be joining a family, where we are dedicated to supporting each other and building an atmosphere of teamwork. As part of our team, your opportunities are limitless.
In addition to the valuable skills gained through training and on-the-job experience, MasTec offers competitive pay, including medical, vision and dental coverage, 401K and employee stock discounts.
MasTec is currently seeking a Cable Splicer to join our dynamic Team.This position performs all copper splicing functions, including but not limited to: splicing, testing (including pair continuity), acceptance, count verification of all types, sizes and gauges of PIC and paper insulated, color-coded and non-color coded copper cables.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Connect and rearranges cable facilities utilizes special test equipment to test for and locate trouble and perform cable completion tests.
• Install and maintain splice closures (pressurized/non-pressurized) DSL provisioning perform cable throws install, splice and test load coils, cross connect cabinets, digital concentrators, T-carrier routes and special circuits.
• Utilize the correct tools and test equipment for proper and safe performance of services.
• Read and interprets blueprints and splice diagrams.
• Inspect or test lines or cables, recording and analyzing test results, to assess transmission characteristics and locate faults or malfunctions.
• Must always comply with proper safety standards/procedures and work practices according to MasTec or the customer, whichever standard is higher.
Education and/or Experience:
• High School Diploma or GED preferred.
• Experience performing copper based cable splicing in a construction, installation, and/or maintenance environment.
• Experience using electronic test equipment.
• Valid driver’s license.
• Valid CDL (A) license or be able to attain one.
• Will be required to complete OSHA 10-hour course provided by MasTec.
• Ability to read and comprehend schematics, preparation of all job related work reports (i.e.: red-lined cable plans. schematics, throw sheets and test results).
• Ability to access within the same day all test equipment required to perform services.
• Knowledge of cable size, gauge, count, and colors of direction.
• Able to work outdoors in all types of weather.
Don’t miss this great opportunity!
All applicants must pass a background check and pre-employment drug screen. Benefits available include Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability and Life insurance, a 401k plan and Employee Stock Purchase plan. MasTec is a publically traded company MTZ (NYSE).
MasTec, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company’s policy is not to unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, military status or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories. It is also MasTec’s policy to comply with all applicable state, federal and local laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.
Title: Cable Splicer
Requisition ID: 41047