Alliant Energy Laborer-1st Year in Cedar Rapids, Iowa
5043BRJob Responsibilities:Physical & Environmental Requirements - Physical requirements include working with and around heavy equipment as well as working outdoors in inclement weather conditions.
• Tasks consist of general maintenance and upkeep throughout railroad right-of-way.
• Works with and around heavy equipment while performing track construction, rehabilitation and maintenance.
Exposure to dirt and grease is typical in this role. Work is performed outdoors in all weather conditions –
including snow, ice, rain, cold and heat. Personal protective equipment such as safety glasses, safety boots, hard
hats and/or hearing protection is worn where required.
• Understands, and is in compliance with, CRANDIC rules and procedures, GCOR, and FRA standards as they
relate to position responsibilities. Operates power tools and various hand tools.
• Performs all other duties as assigned.
• Performs work under the general supervision of the Supervisor or the Manager of Track & Structures.Requisition ID:5043BRPosition Type:Regular Recruiting Location(s):Cedar Rapids, IA Schedule Type:Full-Time Posting Details:CRANDIC (Cedar Rapids and Iowa City Railway), a subsidiary of Travero is currently recruiting for a Track Laborer in Cedar Rapids, IA.
In this important role, you would be working with and around heavy equipment performing construction, maintenance repairs and dismantling of track, roadbed structures and facilities related to right-of way. In this role you will be performing work on a team of 12 under the supervision of the Supervisor and Manager of Track and Structures.
This position will generally be working Monday-Friday 7:00AM-3:00PM or Monday-Thursday 6:00AM-4:00PM with occasional overtime based on business need.
As a respected employee at Travero, you will work in a stable industry that has the potential for job growth. We offer:
Excellent benefits, vacation, and a competitive pay rate starting at $27.62/hour
A commitment to safety and career development
An inclusive environment for all employees
Job Category:Railroad/Barge/Coal Transfer Job Qualifications:
• Previous construction and/or welding experience
• Must possess valid Iowa driver’s license and have the ability to acquire a class D CDL within 60 days of
• This job is covered by the Department of Transportation regulations on drug and alcohol testing (CFR 49, Parts
40 and 199), and is subject to drug testing according to said regulations.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Demonstrated mechanical ability and aptitude, including experience using gas powered hand tools and/or
pneumatic power tools, is required.
• Flexibility to work overtime and weekends.
• Ability to work effectively in a diverse group.
We are committed to providing an inclusive work environment for all and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Protected Veteran.
Disclaimer: The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Travero will not provide sponsorship for an employment visa (e.g., H-1B visa) now or in the future for this position. Energize your future and apply today at www.alliantenergy.com/careers.
Posting Title:Track LaborerTalent Gateway Posting Details:CRANDIC Rail is looking to hire a Track Laborer in Cedar Rapids, IA!