Pacificorp Engineer ( Level I,II, SR) Cedar City, UT #111258 in CEDAR CITY, Utah
Engineer ( Level I,II, SR) Cedar City, UT #111258
Date: Nov 14, 2023
Location: CEDAR CITY, UT, US, 84721
JOIN OUR TEAM
PacifiCorp is seeking customer-centric candidates to grow and sustain our commitment to a culture of customer service excellence, environmental sustainability and diversity, equity and inclusion.
Develops distribution system engineering studies, plans, specifications, calculations, evaluations, design documents, and performance assessments associated with the planning, design, licensing, construction, operation, and maintenance of the Company’s distribution facilities/systems.
General Purpose an Engineer I includes:
Under supervision, applies prescribed methods and standard practices in performing specific tasks within projects and assists other engineering staff on more complex projects.
In addition to the above, the general purpose of an Engineer II includes:
Under limited supervision, applies prescribed methods and standard practices in performing all phases of projects and assists other engineering staff on more complex projects.
In addition, to the above, the general purpose of a Senior Engineer includes:
Independently, applies prescribed methods and standard practices in performing all phases of projects and assists other engineering staff on more complex projects.
Responsibilities of the Engineer I position include the following:
• Analyze the system design, programming, and modification.
• Develop studies of limited scope and prepare data for cost estimations and analyses.
• Run equipment and performance tests and install and inspect new equipment.
• Conduct site inspections to ensure adherence to engineering standards.
In addition to the above, the Engineer II responsibilities include:
• Design, develop, modify, and evaluate systems, process, or facilities to support Company objectives, utilizing engineering methods.
• Develop moderately complex electrical engineering studies, plans, specifications, calculations, evaluations, design documents, and performance assessments.
• Determine methods and techniques for obtaining results.
• Guide and direct entry level engineers, technicians and estimators.
• Recommend alternative solutions to management in area of specialty on engineering solutions to meet business needs.
• Deliver on commitments and manage outside engineering services to accomplish the assigned work.
• Maintain project timelines and budgets.
• Analyze and design engineering methods.
In addition to the above, the Senior Engineer responsibilities include:
• Act as a lead/expert in the work group; train and mentor engineers, technicians and estimators.
Requirements for the Engineer I position include the following:
• Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering from an accredited college/university.
• Basic knowledge and application of principles in area of engineering specialty.
• Knowledge of applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations (if required for the position).
• Ability to interact favorably with project and work teams.
• Communication and interpersonal skills involving the ability to work cross-functionally to understand requirements, present alternatives, and recommendations.
• Proficient with the use of personal computers and automated tools.
In addition to the above, the Engineer II requirements include:
• A minimum of two or more years of directly related experience in the applicable engineering field.
• Demonstrated knowledge and application of principles in area of engineering specialty.
• Understanding of Company’s business, and relevant policies, procedures, and practices.
• Knowledge of applicable federal, state, local laws, regulations and the National Electric Codes (if required for the position).
• Ability to perform effectively in high-pressure situations while maintaining focus and calmness.
• Ability to provide timely assessments with limited information and/or assumptions.
In addition to the above, the Senior Engineer requirements include:
• A minimum of five or more years’ experience in industrial power systems or electric utility power systems, or related professional experience.
• Project management and leadership skills including the ability to work as a team member, to maintain project timelines, budgets, and deliver on commitments.
Preferences for the Engineer I :
• Engineering internship or other experience specific to applicable discipline.
• Completion of internship with an electrical utility.
• Knowledge of distribution electrical systems.
In addition, the preferences for the Engineer II include:
• Knowledge of CYME modeling tool.
• Knowledge of Cadops/netCadops.
• Knowledge of an energy management system.
• Knowledge of PLS-CADD.
• Knowledge of AutoCAD
• Knowledge of power quality equipment and software
• Knowledge of ASPEN Oneliner
• Master’s degree in electrical engineering from an accredited college/university.
In addition, the preferences for the Senior Engineer include:
• Project Management Professional (PMP) designation.
• P.E. license
Req Id: 111258
Company Code: Pacificorp
Primary Location: CEDAR CITY
Department: Rocky Mountain Power
Personnel Subarea: Exempt
Hiring Range: $74,300-$115,500
This position is eligible for an annual discretionary performance incentive bonus of up to 12.00% of salary.
Benefits: Health care, retirement, paid time off, tuition assistance, paid short-term and long-term disability, paid bereavement leave. For more information, please visit: https://careers.pacificorp.com/content/New-Benefits-Page/?locale=en_US
Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without an accommodation.
At PacifiCorp, we celebrate diversity, equity and inclusion. PacifiCorp is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or religious creed, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status (except as required by law), gender (including gender identity and expression), sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran or military status, familial or parental status, marital status or any other category protected by applicable local, state or U.S. federal law.
All offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a background check and drug screening.