DTE Energy Supervisor-Field Work Mgmt and Planning in Cass City, Michigan
Supervisor-Field Work Mgmt and Planning
Cass City, MI, US
Company: DTE Electric Company
Job ID: 12274
DTE is one of the nation’s largest diversified energy companies. Our electric and gas companies have fueled our customer’s homes and Michigan’s progress for more than a century. And as Michigan’s largest source of renewable energy, we’re creating a cleaner, healthier environment to power our future. We’re also serving communities beyond Michigan, where our affiliated businesses offer renewable energy, emission control technologies, and energy services to industries in 19 states.
But we’re more than a leading energy company... and working at DTE is more than just a job. At DTE, we take great care of each other and our customers, and we use our energy to be a force for growth and prosperity in our communities. When you join us, you’ll be part of a team that welcomes, recognizes, and celebrates differences and values everyone’s health, safety, and wellbeing. Are you ready to make that kind of difference? Bring your energy to DTE. Together, we can achieve great things.
On-Site Role: Must be available to work on-site at this assigned work location.
Emergency Response: Yes – Must be available to perform a primary assignment in support of DTE’s emergency response to storms or other events that impact service to our customers.
Leads team responsible for creating work orders to address corrective and reactive maintenance work. Ensures completion of site readiness quality assessments for constructability and work order integrity for all planned work. Develops resource planning and scheduling recommendations that support quality, productivity, and safety process requirements. Implements and oversees changes necessary to ensure continuous improvement processes are achieved. Provides guidance to leadership and team members. Span of control: Leads one or more teams of individual contributors.
• Oversees teams that support work management planning and scheduling requirements (e.g., maintenance work order creation and integrity monitoring)
• Ensures quality site readiness assessments for constructability are completed in timely, compliant manner to prevent errors, delays, and cost overruns
• Develops accurate scheduling and resource planning recommendations for field work teams, including addressing appropriate levels of productivity and safety process requirements
• Collaborates with work teams to ensure site readiness assessment information aligns with work order requirements, including resource planning and scheduling recommendations
• Monitors work order integrity to ensure alignment with identified process requirements, including verification and/or updates to circuit maps/job sketches as needed
• Provides guidance and mentors less experienced field supervisors
• Ensures the accomplishment of the following core supervisory/management functions for a given group(s) within a business unit: planning, organizing, directing the performance of on-going activities and/or special/ad hoc assignments, staffing (employee selections, training, coaching and performance management, time entry), coordinating, reporting, and budgeting
• Leads the continuous improvement commitment and efforts for team, including designing processes, establishing quality and quantity standards and metrics, collecting, refining, adapting, and communicating best practices, sharing knowledge, and developing staff in a systematic fashion; uses process design outcomes to solve problems
Minimum Education & Experience Requirements
• This is a multi-track base requirement job; education and experience requirements can be satisfied through one of the following options:
o High School diploma or equivalent and seven years of experience in construction, maintenance, and/or operational field areas involving electrical circuitry as a lineman or splicer, inclusive of 1 year leading projects and/or teams; OR
o Associate degree and five years of experience in construction, maintenance, and/or operational field areas involving electrical circuitry as a lineman or splicer, inclusive of 1 year leading projects and/or teams; OR
o Bachelor’s degree and three years of experience in construction, maintenance, and/or operational field areas involving electrical circuitry as a lineman or splicer, inclusive of 1 year leading projects and/or teams
- College degree in business or technical discipline
Proficient skills with computer software and related business system applications
Ability to communicate and collaborate with others
Proficient verbal, nonverbal, written, and presentation skills
Analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to identify key issues from a broad range of alternatives and recommend optimal solutions
Ability to work extended hours as needed, including on-call supervisory rotation
Ability to perform emergency or storm assignment as needed
Incumbents may engage in all or some combination of the activities and accountabilities, and utilize
a variety of the competencies cited in this description depending upon the organization and role to
which they are assigned. This description is intended to describe the general nature and level of
work performed by incumbents in this job. It is not intended as an all-inclusive list of accountabilities
or responsibilities, nor is it intended to limit the rights of supervisors or management representatives
to assign, direct and control the work of employees under their supervision.
At DTE Energy, we are committed to providing an inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcome and a sense of belonging. We seek individuals with a heart for service, a passion to help our communities prosper, and ideas to help shape the future of energy. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer that considers all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, disability, national origin, citizenship, height, weight, genetic information, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status or any other status protected by law.