MasTec Utility Services Training Director in Cary, North Carolina
MASTEC is a leading national infrastructure construction company operating throughout the United States. MasTec – Utility Services' activities include the installation, maintenance and upgrade of communication and utility infrastructure, including but not limited to: communications, electrical and natural gas distribution infrastructure.
At MasTec you’ll be joining a family, where we are dedicated to supporting each other and building an atmosphere of teamwork. As part of our team, your opportunities are limitless.
In addition to the valuable skills gained through training and on-the-job experience, MasTec offers competitive pay, including medical, vision and dental coverage, 401K and employee stock discounts.
MasTec is a proud supporter of our U.S. military, veterans and their families - Thank You for Your Service! Active military, transitioning service members and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
MasTec USG gives you the opportunity to become a part of an engaging and growing industry. As a Training Director, will prepare and execute all learning and development activities. Experience in successfully supporting multiple team members and client groups. Demonstrable track record in professional development and/or training, certifications are a plus.
MasTec USG takes great pride in providing engineering, construction, and design and management solutions that meet the growing telecommunications needs throughout the United States. Join our fast growing team of professionals and help us provide the highest level of quality service to our customers and communities while maintaining our commitment to safety! Make it Safe, Make it Personal, Make it Home.
The Training Director is responsible for creating the strategic vision for all employee training and development programs, driving implementation where relevant, and executing those programs where relevant,. Employee development initiatives including those designed to attract, train, and retain employee talent within MasTec Utility Services Group. This position supports the entire company and works with all personnel.
• This person will lead the design, development, and implementation efforts for all training and development modules/programs in support of our organization's strategic objectives.
• Serve as the primary representative and liaison between the training staff and our executive leadership team, operations partners, and all staff support groups.
• Hold all team members accountable for their performance, delegation, and prioritization of work assignments, providing ongoing coaching and support, and necessary remediation or discipline.
• Partner with and provide guidance to the training leadership in the field and senior operations leaders to drive awareness and execution of required training programs in each market.
• Assessing the needs of many clients and identifying and crafting learning interventions to meet those needs.
• Represent all training and employee development functions for external industry partners like OSHA, United States Dept. of Labor, trade schools, competitors and contractors, etc.
• Produce reporting and documentation related to training, budgeting, and other functions.
• Manage internal and external staff and resources supporting project goals and objectives
• Establish, implement and maintain operational procedures relevant to the department
• Help with project prioritization based on need and escalation of these projects
• Problem solving skills related to projects their designand implementation
• Adherence to company certifications of training for technical assets
• Support hiring of new staff and recommendations for growth and promotion and dismissal as needed
• Regularly evaluates the performance of all employees according to procedures. Continually nurtures employee development
• Customer service both internal and external
• Career planning for department staff based on company needs and available certification
• Oversight of staff projects and their performance during their duties
• Problem resolution for timeline issues in the field
• Communication with Executive Management
• Project planning and forecasting
• 25% to 50% travel
Education & Experience
• A Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management, Training, Industrial/Organizational Psychology, Organizational Development, or related field of study.
• 5 to 10 years of related experience.
• Excellent communication, interpersonal, analytical and organizational skills.
• Ability to apply change management principles to ensure holistic transition plans are implemented when rolling out new programs
• Efficient and comfortable in presenting in front of large audiences.
• Dedicated and positive person with a demonstrable ability to pay close attention to detail, multi-task, prioritize, adapt to change, problem solve and work well in pressure situations and a fast-paced environment
• High integrity with the ability to maintain confidentiality at all times
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook and competent with other technology.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel, Outlook, ETC
• Expert knowledge of Learning Applications
• Ability to lead large teams
• Ability to interact with both customers and internal staff and management
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Training and compliance
• A Graduate degree in Human Resources Management, Training, Industrial/Organizational Psychology, Organizational Development, or related field of study.
• Previous training curriculum design experience (not general execution and administration training).
• Previous supervisory experience.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, copiers, and scanners.
Don’t miss this great opportunity!
All applicants must pass a background check and pre-employment drug screen. Benefits available include Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability and Life insurance, a 401k plan and Employee Stock Purchase plan.
MasTec, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company’s policy is not to unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, military status or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories. It is also MasTec's policy to comply with all applicable state, federal and local laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.
Title: Training Director
Requisition ID: 37895
Other Locations: MN-Hugo