Southwire Process Engineering Manager in Carrollton, Georgia
Process Engineering Manager
Apply now »
Date: Feb 10, 2024
Location: Carrollton, GA, US, 30117
Company: Southwire Company LLC
A leader in technology and innovation, Southwire Company, LLC is one of North America’s largest wire and cable producers. Southwire and its subsidiaries manufacture building wire and cable, metal-clad cable, portable and electronic cord products, OEM wire products and engineered products. In addition, Southwire supplies assembled products, contractor equipment and hand tools. We are proud to offer competitive compensation, employee benefits, tuition reimbursement, and unlimited growth opportunities. Our nearly seven decades of progressive growth can be attributed to our determination to developing innovative systems and solutions, exercising environmental stewardship and enhancing the wellbeing of our communities. How will you power what’s possible?
Location: North Campus
Southwire Job Description
The Process Engineering Manager is responsible for the development, standardization and improvement of processes, systems, and equipment within the vertical and across the organization. The Process Engineering Manager’s focus is on the onboarding and development of engineers, the successful implementation of key initiatives, on-time and full completion of projects, and achieving goals in areas that include culture of zero, material usage, scrap, OEE, and cost out. The Process Engineering Manager will deploy, teach, and implement various Lean and Six Sigma systems and tools to achieve goals and objectives while working with cross functional teams within and across the vertical and organization.
• Work closely with and provide direction to site leaders and their teams to drive key objectives, culture of zero, and cost out.
• Design and implement a process for the onboarding and development of engineers with emphasis on skills needed to improve processes and accomplish goals. Onboarding to include basic introduction to Southwire, tools/systems/processes, and long-term development.
• Work with site leaders and support teams to deploy and utilize Connected Factory for data collection and reporting. Leverage data to drive improvement in OEE, material usage and scrap.
• Define and implement process and equipment standardization within the vertical and across the organization. Standardization to include the development and implementation of a system for best practice sharing between sites.
• Employ Six Sigma methodologies to lead process improvement projects to meet key goals and objectives for OEE, material usage, and scrap.
• Provide leadership, guidance, and direction to all direct and/or indirect reports including site engineering teams.
• Drive operational excellence by supporting the development and creation of “Light House Models.”
• Develop and conduct training as necessary to support new products, processes, and key initiatives.
• Support new product integration through the development of process standards, procedures, and materials.
• Lead and facilitate Kaizen events to drive continuous improvement.
Plans and Aligns
Benefits We Offer:
401k with Matching
Family and Individual Insurance Packages (Health, Life, Dental, and Vision)
Paid Time Off & Paid Holidays
Long & Short-Term Disability
Supplemental Insurance Plans
Employee Assistance Program
Employee Referral Program
Tuition Reimbursement Programs
Advancement & Professional Growth opportunities
Southwire is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Atlanta
Apply now »