Southwire Manager, Proj. MGMT - Project/Program Management in Carrollton, Georgia
Manager, Proj. MGMT - Project/Program Management
Apply now »
Date: Dec 8, 2023
Location: Carrollton, GA, US, 30117
Company: Southwire Company LLC
A leader in technology and innovation, Southwire Company, LLC is one of North America’s largest wire and cable producers. Southwire and its subsidiaries manufacture building wire and cable, metal-clad cable, portable and electronic cord products, OEM wire products and engineered products. In addition, Southwire supplies assembled products, contractor equipment and hand tools. We are proud to offer competitive compensation, employee benefits, tuition reimbursement, and unlimited growth opportunities. Our nearly seven decades of progressive growth can be attributed to our determination to developing innovative systems and solutions, exercising environmental stewardship and enhancing the wellbeing of our communities. How will you power what’s possible?
Southwire Job Description
This individual will be an actively engaged member of the Engineering & Modernization Team supporting the Culture of Zero. The Project Manager will support and drive the planning, execution, handoff, and evaluation phases of assigned modernization projects. The individual will also lead teams of contractors and engineers in the execution phase of Modernization projects.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Promote safety in the workplace and on all project sites. Prepare, receive, and evaluate contractor bid packages or scopes of work
• Evaluate project timelines and cost for new equipment, repurposed equipment, or refurbished equipment, provide estimates to program managers, and update project estimate/experience database
• Evaluate contractor capabilities and be able to recommend contractors for specific tasks or projects
• Ensure projects are on track by managing the day-to-day operational aspects related to project scope, tasks, and budget
• Establish a proactive approach with project teams to complete tasks, to solve problems, and to overcome challenges safely and efficiently
• Coordinate with the designated management of change leader for assigned projects and ensure project deliverables are aligned with organizational requirements
• Monitor project health during the execution phase, i.e. safety statistics; in-scope and out-of-scope requests; cost and variances; schedule; and management of change
• Coordinate and oversee project hand-off to operations
• Monitor projects during the evaluation phase and provide support to operations as needed to ensure project success
• Compare actual project execution timeline and costs with estimates or baseline experiences
Environmental and Safety
• Follow all company environmental rules/procedures and handle all materials in a manner designed to minimize environmental impact.
• Follow prescribed safety rules/procedures so as to prevent injury to self and others and to maintain safe equipment and conditions in entire area of responsibility.
• Seek the assistance and advice of safety representatives on matters concerning safe practices, policies and/or procedures and give personal support to all safety activities and procedures.
• Ensure contractors and sub-contractors are Avetta compliant to work at Southwire and evaluate safety compliance weekly based on the Southwire EH&S Avetta reporting.
Qualifications and Experience Requirements
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Business, Construction Management, or related field
• Demonstrated project management experience and use of project management software required (MS Project, Smartsheet, Wrike, Procore, Jonas Premier, AccuBuild, eSub, PlanGrid, etc)
• Project Management Certification, or similar professional development related to project management, is desirable
• Understanding of Lean principles and demonstrated ability to implement lean tools in a manufacturing environment.
• Knowledge and/or experience in equipment mechanical and electrical safety systems preferred
• Highly motivated, results-driven, self-starter with strong organizational skills, excellent communication skills, keen focus on details, proven ability to meet tight deadlines and to perform in a fast-paced work from anywhere environment with a high degree of accuracy
• Must be able to travel as required
Attracts Top Talent
Benefits We Offer:
401k with Matching
Family and Individual Insurance Packages (Health, Life, Dental, and Vision)
Paid Time Off & Paid Holidays
Long & Short-Term Disability
Supplemental Insurance Plans
Employee Assistance Program
Employee Referral Program
Tuition Reimbursement Programs
Advancement & Professional Growth opportunities
Southwire is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Atlanta
Apply now »