Southwire Engineer, Electrical II in Carrollton, Georgia
Engineer, Electrical II
Apply now »
Date: Nov 6, 2023
Location: Carrollton, GA, US, 30119
Company: Southwire Company LLC
A leader in technology and innovation, Southwire Company, LLC is one of North America’s largest wire and cable producers. Southwire and its subsidiaries manufacture building wire and cable, metal-clad cable, portable and electronic cord products, OEM wire products and engineered products. In addition, Southwire supplies assembled products, contractor equipment and hand tools. We are proud to offer competitive compensation, employee benefits, tuition reimbursement, and unlimited growth opportunities. Our nearly seven decades of progressive growth can be attributed to our determination to developing innovative systems and solutions, exercising environmental stewardship and enhancing the wellbeing of our communities. How will you power what’s possible?
Southwire Job Description
Location: SCUPP, Carrollton, GA
Job Title: Electrical Engineer II
Department: SCUPP Engineering (6604)
Reports To: SCUPP Engineering Manager
The Electrical Engineer will support installations and maintain connected enterprise systems as well as support plant operations.
The Electrical Engineer's responsibilities include maintaining, troubleshooting, documenting the connected enterprise system. The engineer will be the liaison between SCUPP and Corporate Modernization installations.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Promote safety in the workplace on all project job sites
• Lead and direct contract workers to ensure installation requirements are met
• Coordinate with plant management, production scheduling, and support groups to complete projects on schedule
• Develop troubleshooting procedures, maintenance procedures, and operating standards for connected equipment
• Analyzing technical drawings, interpreting specifications, and determining requirements of a given project.
• Diagnosing problems and troubleshooting equipment.
For the control system focus area, knowledge and experience in one or more of the following is desired:
• Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) and electrical control systems
• Proficiency with Industrial PLC Protocols for Rockwell. DH+, Ethernet IP, DF1, etc.
• Proficiency with Industrial PLC Protocols for Siemens. Profibus, Profinet, MQTT, etc.
• Proficiency with PLC programming software for RsLogix, TIA Portal, and S7.
• Experience database structure and language. MS-SQL, SQL, Oracle, stored procedures, etc.
• Basic understanding of IP address and network structure
• Startup and commissioning
Qualifications and Experience Requirements
• Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science Engineering required
• 2 or more years of engineering experience with SCADA systems required
• Knowledge and/or experience in industrial networks
Plans and Aligns
Benefits We Offer:
401k with Matching
Family and Individual Insurance Packages (Health, Life, Dental, and Vision)
Paid Time Off & Paid Holidays
Long & Short-Term Disability
Supplemental Insurance Plans
Employee Assistance Program
Employee Referral Program
Tuition Reimbursement Programs
Advancement & Professional Growth opportunities
Southwire is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Atlanta
Apply now »