Southwire Director, Business Intelligence and Analytics in Carrollton, Georgia
Director, Business Intelligence and Analytics
Apply now »
Date: Nov 9, 2023
Location: Carrollton, GA, US, 30119
Company: Southwire Company LLC
A leader in technology and innovation, Southwire Company, LLC is one of North America’s largest wire and cable producers. Southwire and its subsidiaries manufacture building wire and cable, metal-clad cable, portable and electronic cord products, OEM wire products and engineered products. In addition, Southwire supplies assembled products, contractor equipment and hand tools. We are proud to offer competitive compensation, employee benefits, tuition reimbursement, and unlimited growth opportunities. Our nearly seven decades of progressive growth can be attributed to our determination to developing innovative systems and solutions, exercising environmental stewardship and enhancing the wellbeing of our communities. How will you power what’s possible?
Location: Carrollton Headquarters
As a member of the Innovation and SAP team, the Director of Business Intelligence and Analytics will lead the implementation and enhancement of our next generation business intelligence and analytics platform. The director will lead a team of 10 Southwire employees and another 8 contractors in delivery and enhancements of business intelligence products. The Director will continue to grow the Southwire self-service analytics program. This leader will help drive key business transformational initiatives within Southwire while helping build and shape a data driven culture.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Serve as a close partner with the business to build analytics and reporting solutions to optimize our business
• Develop, test, and maintain custom business analytics dashboards by leveraging state of the art software development practices preferably using an agile methodology.
• Lead the deployment of next generation analytics platform which consists of Tableau, Snowflake and existing BW ETL toolset.
• Participate in design and architecture discussions with business leaders, end users and IT team members
• Lead cross-functional teams to help identify critical priorities and recommendations
• Stay updated with business operations and business intelligence processes and technologies
• Recommend improvements to provide optimum reporting solutions
• As a servant leader, develop and grow a high-performing, highly collaborative IT analytics team
Qualifications and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in business, Mathematics, Statistics or Computer Science along with 5-7 years of related experience, with at least 7+ years of management experience leading teams, MBA or master’s in business or technology related field (preferred)
• 7-10 years’ experience in implementing successful data integration and BI efforts preferably with SAP as ERP source system and Snowflake. Experience with SAP Business Warehouse a plus
• Ideal candidate will have experience building and making good teams great. Additionally, looking for someone who can establish and build relationships with the business and other leaders in IT. Experience implementing self-service analytics model a huge plus.
• Knowledge and understanding of SAP Business Warehouse, Snowflake, Tableau is critical. Familiarity with SAP Analytics Cloud not a requirement but would be a plus.
• Experience working with Agile Scrum methodology a plus
• Ability to plan, prioritize, delegate work and follow-up to ensure work completion
• Experienced in drafting SOWs and managing vendor deliverables
• Experience building and maintaining successful vendor relationships
• Interact with Business Analysts, Developers, Architects and business leadership as it relates to requirements.
• Effective oral and written communication skills
• Great organizational skills, attention to detail and follow through
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Ability to establish and maintain a SDLC process that rapidly delivers analytics solutions for our users
• Experience helping drive an analytics and data driven culture.
Remote work is possible for the right candidate. We would ask that candidate be willing to travel on-site one week per month to help build and maintain team comradery and business relationships.
Years of Experience: 15Field of Expertise: Business Intelligence
Minimum Education Level: Bachelor's
Years of Experience: 15Spans of Control Reports To (Supervisor Title): VP, Innovation and SAP
Does this role Manage Southwire Team Members: Yes
Direct Reports Job Title(s): Manager, Data Engineering; Manager, Business Intelligence; Manager, SAP Business Warehouse; Demand Intake Coordinator
Number of Direct Reports: 2-5
Scope: All Locations
% of Time: Up to 25%
Workplace Setting: Remote (Occasional travel to sites)
Benefits We Offer:
401k with Matching
Family and Individual Insurance Packages (Health, Life, Dental, and Vision)
Paid Time Off & Paid Holidays
Long & Short-Term Disability
Supplemental Insurance Plans
Employee Assistance Program
Employee Referral Program
Tuition Reimbursement Programs
Advancement & Professional Growth opportunities
Southwire is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Atlanta
Apply now »