MISO Energy System Operator - Intra Day Reliability Assessment Commitment in Carmel, Indiana
MISO offers a comprehensive benefits package available on your first day of employment.
Position Location: Carmel, IN
Do you like solving complex problems, pride yourself on remaining calm under pressure, while working with others through stressful periods using your exceptional communication skills? Are you decisive? Adaptable to change? Are you a life-long learner always challenging yourself to be an expert in the electric industry? Do you want to work alongside the best and brightest in the industry?
We are looking for YOU to join us to ensure the reliability of the electric grid real-time operations of 20% of the North American electric grid load while on shift!
As a Control Room Operator, you will qualify for a role as our Intraday Reliability Assessment and Commitment (IRAC) System Operator. You will be part of the Unit Commitment team that works to manage MISO’s resource plan, monitor and assess system conditions and variables to meet total obligation and operating reserves, and ensure the reliable commitment of MISO’s resources on a 24x7 basis. Once certified, you will work a 12-hour rotating shift schedule to ensure reliable, efficient, and compliant execution of MISO’s IRAC functions. In addition, you will have the opportunity to provide input on process improvement initiatives that will help MISO effectively manage risk and uncertainty in the ever-changing energy industry.
In one year as our System Operator, you will know you were successful if you can demonstrate situational awareness, the ability to exercise discretion, independent judgement, critical thinking, and the ability to act promptly and decisively in response to a variety of complex and unplanned situations.
We are looking for hardworking operators who have:
• A Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Mathematics, Economics, Business, or other related field, OR a minimum of eight years of related experience. Educational equivalency may be established with a combination of education, training, certifications and directly related experience
• Ability to successfully complete the Oral Board and Simulation Certification for the Intraday Reliability Assessment and Commitment desk following on-the-job training
• A current NERC/RC Certification OR be able to obtain NERC Certification following on-the-job training prior to operating their assigned functional desk
• Strong communication, collaboration, and teamwork skills
• At least four years of experience in one of the following areas: electrical engineering, generation system dispatch, economic dispatch, balancing authority, transmission system operations, merchant operations, generation operational planning, or power accounting
Appropriate level will be determined based upon experience and knowledge.
See what MISO is all about!
MISO manages the electricity superhighway in the Central U.S. Through use of groundbreaking research and advanced technology, our highly skilled employees ensure power flows reliably to 42 million people. Operating the electricity grid, running a robust energy market, planning for a bright future – it’s what our immensely talented and dedicated team does every day.
For more info about MISO, check us out on YouTube
Apply today for this great opportunity to help us keep the lights on!