Wolf Creek Nuclear Operating Corporation Troubleshooter (Rotating) in Burlington, Kansas
JOB TITLE: Troubleshooter (Rotating)
DEPARTMENT: Topeka Operations Center
LOCATION: Topeka, KS
Headquartered in both Kansas City and Topeka, Evergy employs about 4,900 people who are dedicated to empowering a better future. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for one Troubleshooter (Rotating) inTopeka,Kansas, wage rate $46.07. Rotating shift will be working 3 weeks of 7:30 to 15:30, 1 week of 23:30 to 7:30, and 1 week of 15:30 to 23:30, with varying days off.
Troubleshootersshall be Journeyman Linemen who have the experience and physical ability to locate and repair trouble upon the Company's electric lines, install overhead and underground services and street lights, a sufficient knowledge of electric meters to enable them to detect and analyze trouble from this source and personal characteristics suitable for making contact with customers and the public which are necessary in their line of duty. When not performing Troubleshooters work they shall be expected to perform the duties of Journeyman Lineman.
• Open switches or attach grounding devices to remove electrical hazards from disturbed or fallen lines or to facilitate repairs.
• Place insulating materials over conductors and joints.
• Install electrical distribution and transmission systems, including conduits, cables, wires, transformers, circuit breakers, and switches.
• Maintain and repair electrical distribution and transmission systems, including conduits, cables, wires, transformers, circuit breakers, and switches.
• Identify defective sectionalizing devices, circuit breakers, fuses, voltage regulators, transformers, switches, relays or wiring, using wiring diagrams and electrical testing instruments.
• Inspect and test power lines and auxiliary equipment to locate and identify problems, using reading and testing instruments.
• String wire conductors and cables between poles, towers, trenches, pylons and buildings, setting lines in place and using wenches to adjust tension.
• Replace or straighten damaged poles.
• Test voltage to ensure correct connections are made.
• Install watt-hour meters and connect service drops between power lines and consumers’ facilities.
• Lay underground cable directly in trenches or string the cable through conduit running through the trenches.
• Analyze sites for the purpose of determining the safest and most efficient method to complete the task.
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following:
• Safety– The job requires the utmost attention paid to safety in all instances.
• Leadership- Ability to lead others and direct the workforce in all areas of safety, work practices and company initiatives with a high level of integrity.
• Adaptability/Flexibility— Job requires being open to change (positive or negative) and to considerable variety in the workplace.
• Call Out Response- The successful applicant will be expected to be responsive to call outs and holdovers as work necessitates in the required work area.
• Skills- Must have the ability and/or knowledge to operate all types of motor-driven equipment used in overhead, underground, and substation maintenance and construction work following equipment specific training
• Effective Communication- Effectively communicates to customers, team members, and supervisors regarding all aspects of the job.
• Teamwork- Works well in a team environment.
• Stress Tolerance- Deals calmly and effectively with high stress situations such as fatigue, inclement weather, and or time pressure.
• Attention to Detail-Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
• Initiative- Job requires a willingness to take on responsibilities and challenges.
• Cooperation-Job requires being pleasant with others on the job and displaying a good-natured, cooperative attitude.
• Customer Service- Demonstrates an exceptional level of customer service and professionalism.
• Diversity- Values Diversity and Diversity of Thought.
Must possess a valid commercial driver’s license and will be required to live within 30 minutes driving time of the Topeka Operations Center.
Selected applicants will be required to perform and successfully complete a written test as well as a skills demonstration.
This position requires a high school diploma or equivalent.
Evergy has a clear mission – To empower a better future. Evergy chooses to live this mission by valuing People First. We know to accomplish becoming the most innovative and reliable energy company, we need a team with a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. So, our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative of the communities we serve. We are committed to celebrating diversity and building a team where everyone – regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status – has a voice and can bring their best every day. We know that the more diverse and inclusive we are, the better we will be. Evergy is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.
Job: *Power Delivery/Distribution and System Operations
Title: Troubleshooter (Rotating)
Requisition ID: TRA00AR