Wolf Creek Nuclear Operating Corporation Sourcing Specialist II in Burlington, Kansas
SUMMARY OF JOB RESPONSIBILITIES AND REQUIREMENTS
JOB TITLE: * *Sourcing Specialist II / Sr.
DEPARTMENT: Procurement Services - 755
*LOCATION: *Topeka General Office (TGO), Other locations may be considered
*PAY RANGE: *$56,800-$71,000 / $64,100-$85,500
Scheduled Work Hours:Monday - Friday, 7:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
The Sourcing Specialist serves as the local day-to-day representative ofProcurement for a primary business location or for a designated function. The Sourcing Specialist identifies and manages key business relationships and looks for ways to continuously improve the customer relationship, performance, engagement, and satisfaction.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrates and models application of business partner relationship management principles in day-to-day execution of responsibilities and achieves expected results. Builds customers’ understanding of enterprise requirements and SCM strategic direction, in addition to seeking ways to improve customer satisfaction.
- Source and contract for low to moderately complex products and services, above the bid the threshold, often as part of a cross-functional team, in a manner consistent with procurement policies and plans that generates economic value and reduced risk.
- Review, negotiate, and obtain final approval of any deviations from corporate procurement policies and procedures and terms and conditions on Statements of Work and Master Agreements.
- Updates contract changes via Amendments and resolves purchase order match exceptions.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering, Supply Chain or related field is preferred.
- Minimum of two (2) years of progressively increasing responsibility in Supply Chain Management, Finance, Engineering or business operations. Experience in the energy, utilities, manufacturing or construction industry is preferred
- Ability to execute on several low- to moderately-complex sourcing events under $2M concurrently in a matrix organization and with off-site management
- Intermediate skill level in using Microsoft Office suite, particularly Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Working knowledge of PeopleSoft or other Supply Chain Management/ERP software is preferred.
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities Required:
- Effective multi-tasker, prioritizing, addressing and advancing multiple projects/issues concurrently in a fast-paced environment, keeping relevant stakeholders informed.
- Ability to organize and execute sourcing events involving cross-functional teams in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to apply basic understanding of procurement, risk management, supplier diversity, negotiating and contracting principles and best practices including applicable laws, regulations, policies and procedures to achieve successful results
- Basic financial and analytical skills, and effective oral and written communication, interpersonal and influence skills.
The working conditions for this position will mostly be in a standard office building location. This position is inside with temperature-controlled conditions. It requires a large amount of sitting and computer work on a daily basis. There will be occasions where meetings are held in other facilities that includes the energy centers, service centers, training centers, and corporate offices located in Wichita, Topeka, and Kansas City.
Evergy has a clear mission – To empower a better future. Evergy chooses to live this mission by valuing People First. We know to accomplish becoming the most innovative and reliable energy company, we need a team with a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. So, our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative of the communities we serve. We are committed to celebrating diversity and building a team where everyone – regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status – has a voice and can bring their best every day. We know that the more diverse and inclusive we are, the better we will be. Evergy is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.
Disclaimer:The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job
Job: *Supply Chain
Title: Sourcing Specialist II
Requisition ID: SUP004Y