Wolf Creek Nuclear Operating Corporation Planner II in Burlington, Kansas
SUMMARY OF JOB RESPONSIBILITIES AND REQUIREMENTS**
JOB TITLE:Planner II * *
DEPARTMENT:Supply Chain Planning
PAY RANGE: 14A$58,000 - $71,000* ***
*Scheduled Work Hours: *Monday - Friday, 7:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. (Other hours as required)
*Summary of Primary Duties and Responsibilities: *Planner performs end-to-end material supply management activities to meet material demand including analysis and planning/forecasting of requirements, and project management activities related to material readiness. This includes collaborating cross functionally with Operations and Suppliers to ensure supply meets both planned and unplanned demand. Determines appropriate supply strategy to optimize inventory position to meet service levels while analyzing financial and operational impacts. Identifies opportunities for improvement of processes, item standardization, and material availability strategies.
· Forecast Validationo Work with business unit partners in project management and engineering to confirm and validate forecasts – material types/quantities, required dates o Propose timing/quantity changes in order to align material requirements and need dates with the planned construction/maintenance tasks o Propose logistical planning changes to optimize overall supply chain cost – e.g., supplier direct ship, multiple lay-down areas, kitted assemblies, etc. o Review forecast changes, determine supply chain impact and take appropriate action to ensure that demand is validated. Communicate forecast changes to Material Planners.
· Supply Chain Impact Analysiso Identify long lead materials, create demand (if required), and provide long lead material availability information to project management and engineering o Provide feedback to business unit partners regarding logistical planning o Identify incremental supply chain resource requirements related to project-related activities o Perform financial analyses to compare the costs/benefits of different supply chain alternatives related to a project
· Supply Coordinationo Work with Material Planners to ensure material supply is adequate to meet forecasted material demand o Coordinate the picking, staging and delivery of project materials – ensure materials are delivered complete and on-time
Work with business unit operations to address missing/incorrect materials, schedule changes, design-related issues, and logistical issues
Education and Experience Requirements:
· Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Supply Chain, Operations Management, Business Administration or equivalent practical work experience combined with relevant courses
· 5 – 10 years of demonstrated design, construction or project management experience
· Completed courses in supply chain related disciplines
· APICS CPIM Certification or certification in progress preferable
· Previous experience in electric utilities or similar asset intensive industry would be considered an asset
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities Required:
· Knowledge and experience in design, construction or project management related to one or more of the business units – T&D, Substation, Generation
· Knowledge and experience in supply chain disciplines including purchasing, order placement, and inventory planning / management
· Strong analytical skills to analyze large data sets and make recommendations based on findings
· Required systems knowledge:o Common desktop personal computer and application programs o Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Visio o Ability to utilize MS Excel for complex data analysis o Experience or knowledge of ERP systems (e.g. Maximo/Peoplesoft)
· Knowledge of materials used in electric utilities (Transmission, Substation, Distribution, Generation) or related asset intensive industries is preferable
· Well-developed oral, written, negotiation communication, and interpersonal skills.
Ability to work in teams and coordinate with cross-functional areas including end users in Transmission, Substation, Distribution, Generation as well as key stakeholders across Quality, Engineering Standards, Supply Chain and Finance. * * *Licenses, Certifications, Bonding, and/or Testing Required: * None
Working Conditions: * Evergy has a clear mission – To empower a better future. Evergy chooses to live this mission by valuing People First. We know to accomplish becoming the most innovative and reliable energy company, we need a team with a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. So, our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative of the communities we serve. We are committed to celebrating diversity and building a team where everyone – regardless ofrace, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status – has a voice and can bring their best every day. We know that the more diverse and inclusive we are, the better we will be.Evergy is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. * * *Disclaimer:The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Job: *Supply Chain
Title: Planner II
Requisition ID: SUP003R