Wolf Creek Nuclear Operating Corporation Construction Coordinator I in Burlington, Kansas
JOB TITLE: Construction Coordinator I
REQUISITION ID: TRA009I
DEPARTMENT: Construction and Mtce – Southland Service Center
LOCATION: Stilwell, KS PAY GRADE: $46,400 - $58,000
Scheduled Work Hours: Monday - Friday, 7:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. or as dictated by the need to restore service.
Summary of Primary Duties and Responsibilities: The Construction Coordinator will report to the Senior Manager or Director of Distribution Division Operations. The Construction Coordinator will be part of the management team within the region and will perform duties as assigned.
The following are a sample of day-to-day support functions the Construction Coordinator may perform:
* Learn and be involved with labor relations processes: Learn the collective bargaining agreement, attend labor relations meeting, and understand grievance steps.
* Will be included in the after hour regional management on-call program.
* Involvement with regional level decision making.
* Supervise employees as assigned.
* Work directly with industrial, commercial, and residential customers on a wide variety of operating issues.
* Participate in restoration efforts after storms or other damage to our system.
* Coordinate system improvement projects on the distribution and sub-transmission systems by working closely with field engineers, large project designers, local division employees, and the asset management group.
* Analyze the reliability reports and work with field engineers, vegetation management, and line employees to improve reliability numbers and improve outage restoration efforts.
* Review proposed plans and land developments for impacts on and possible expansion of the distribution system. This includes reviewing plan sets for City or other governing authorities.
* Review and approve facility connections applications.
* Direct and/or participate in the development or improvement of construction, testing, and troubleshooting standard practices and procedures.
* Provide technical expertise, mentoring, and support to non-engineers and other field service personnel, as well as technical training when necessary.
* Act as project leader on various projects and assignments.
* Perform forensic analysis and troubleshooting of new or existing installations.
* Coordinate outages/switching as required for construction work.
* Develop plans for O&M and Capital improvements, including short term and multiyear outlooks.
* Conduct site inspections and crew visits to ensure adherence to safety procedures and engineering standards and specifications.
* Evaluate tool needs and requirements. Work with the standards and tools committees to provide quality, functionality, and safety of selected tools.
* Respond to customer complaints regarding electrical service issues and damage claims. * Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Requirements:
The preferred candidate will possess a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Civil or Electrical), Engineering Management or Construction Management, and/or journey level experience in a related electrical utility craft position (such as Power Lineman or Cable Splicer). Candidate, through their actions, must have demonstrated strong leadership abilities. The preferred candidate will also possess project management experience and/or a power system knowledge background. The preferred candidate will possess the following skills and talents:
- Must have demonstrated leadership experience using interpersonal relations and strong communication skills to handle conflict
- Demonstrate leadership, team building, and coaching/mentoring abilities.
- Maintain a high level of professionalism at all times and possess a progressive, dynamic attitude toward solving problems and working with team members.
- Be able to apply tact, diplomacy, reason and logic.
- Possess project management skills, including the ability to maintain project timelines, budgets, and deliver on commitments.
- Perform effectively in high-pressure situations while maintaining focus and calmness.
- Make formal and informal presentations to technical and non-technical staff and customers.
Licenses, Certification, Bonding and/or Testing Required: Valid driver's license required. Must have a safe driving history.
Working Conditions: Conditions will vary from office to field environments. Must be able to work additional hours on short notice. Some travel may be required. Must have satisfactory work record including good attendance.
Evergy has a clear mission – To empower a better future. Evergy chooses to live this mission by valuing People First. We know to accomplish becoming the most innovative and reliable energy company, we need a team with a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. So, our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative of the communities we serve. We are committed to celebrating diversity and building a team where everyone – regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status – has a voice and can bring their best every day. We know that the more diverse and inclusive we are, the better we will be. Evergy is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.
Title: Construction Coordinator I
Requisition ID: TRA009I