Wolf Creek Nuclear Operating Corporation Business Analyst in Burlington, Kansas
SUMMARY OF JOB RESPONSIBILITIES AND REQUIREMENTS
JOB TITLE:Business Analyst
DEPARTMENT:Power and Revenue Accounting - Topeka General Office
PAY RANGE:Business Analyst I: $46,400 - $58,000
Business Analyst II: $56,800 - $71,000
Sr Business Analyst: $64,100 - $85,500
Scheduled Work Hours:Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Summary of Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Technical expert responsible for detailed analysis of generation, interchange and loads in preparation of transmission system revenues and expenses on a monthly basis to be recorded in the accounting books and records or provided to external counterparties and Power Pools. In addition, the position will collaborate and coordinate system enhancements and support business initiatives, be responsible to meet the on-going needs of management and comply with all regulatory and external reporting requirements and deadlines.
• Document business system requirements for the Transmission System.
• Oversee system implementations and assist with preparation of related testing materials.
• Develop business processes, design specifications, and testing activities for new business systems.
• Coordinate maintenance and support of systems with new and/or changing business requirements.
• Troubleshoot system problems and coordinate resolution of problems.
• Coordinate development of requirements for new system functions.
• Budget preparation, tracking, reporting for transmission settlements.
• Support business objectives by providing requested information in relation to budgets, forecasts, regulatory filings, and settlements.
• Improve division efficiency through focus on innovation, process improvements, and effective use of technology.
• Maintain and enhance working relationships throughout organization by providing clear, concise, accurate and responsive information in a timely manner and fostering an environment of teamwork and quality customer service.
• General knowledge of the SPP OATT (Open Access Transmission Tariff) and NITS/NOA.
• Analytical and critical thinking skills in order to solve complex meter and transmission settlement problems.
• Ability to communicate technical settlement concepts to other work groups and external counterparties.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks and juggle priorities to meet deadlines.
Education and Experience Requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree with an emphasis in Accounting, Finance, IT or Business related field required
• Typically five (5) years experience in the regulated utility industry
• Requires advanced proficiency with spreadsheets.
• Must possess effective oral and written communication skills, the ability to work in a “team” environment.
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities Required:
A strong understanding of accounting, as it relates to transmission settlements is required. Be able to apply analytical thinking, creative problem solving and sound reasoning and logic. Demonstrate exceptional interpersonal and communication skills. Must have the ability to handle multiple tasks and respond quickly and accurately, with a strong attention to detail. Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft office and have strong Excel skills. Experience in PowerBI or another analytics tool preferred.
Licenses, Certificates, Bonding and/or Testing Required:
Must have a valid driver’s license.
Normal office working conditions. Must have a satisfactory work record including good attendance.
Evergy has a clear mission – To empower a better future. Evergy chooses to live this mission by valuing People First. We know to accomplish becoming the most innovative and reliable energy company, we need a team with a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. So, our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative of the communities we serve. We are committed to celebrating diversity and building a team where everyone – regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status – has a voice and can bring their best every day. We know that the more diverse and inclusive we are, the better we will be. Evergy is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.
Title: Business Analyst
Requisition ID: RIS001I