MDU Resources Group Systems Design Engineer in Burleson, Texas
Systems Design Engineer
Company:Wagner-Smith Equipment Co.
Hiring Manager:Hector Lara
Closing Date:12/18/2022at 11:59pm CDT
GENERAL SUMMARY/PRIMARY FUNCTION
Responsible for understanding, upholding and promoting CSG’s Critical Success Factors, 1) Safety First!; 2) Financial Success (including operational excellence); 3) Employee Satisfaction (including development and training), and 4) Customer Satisfaction. Expanding existing product lines and defining new control systems for off road machinery and potentially production industrial equipment in house.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES / ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Develop new features for electronic systems for existing equipment
Maintain electronic systems on existing equipment
Program, modify and debug new or existing control systems of pulling equipment.
Work with vendor to source components and develop hardware layouts.
Design electrical and controls systems solutions based on engineering principals.
Work with mechanical design team and other departments as needed
Other duties as assigned
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Educational and experience requirements include:
• Bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent work experience.
• Three to five years technical training preferred.
• Experience with AutoCAD Electrical.
• Experience defining system requirements in complex control systems
• Experience integrating new components with existing systems
• Experience with control systems for off road equipment
• Experience controlling hydraulic systems
• Has used embedded systems
• Familiar with diesel engines controls
• Experience with networking, ideally with a variety of protocols
KEY SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
• General knowledge and skills in the use of various Microsoft Office applications including Word,
Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Must have CAD electrical skills
• Able to use CoDesSys efficiently.
• Able to design control systems from scratch
• Effectively use industrial networking protocol such as CANbus or Modbus
• Experience with remote monitoring and control technologies such as SCADA or custom VPN setup.
• Effectively use a variety of PLCs, HMIs, embedded controllers, VFDs, and IO
Background check, credit check, MVR and drug screen may be required (will vary by position). Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans. EEO/AAP
This Employer Participates inE-Verify (PDF) (Downloads/EVerifyPoster.pdf) . Download PDF Application (PDF) (Downloads/CSG-71.pdf)
MDU Resources Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected Veteran status.