Avangrid Lineworker 3C (2/C or 1/C acceptable) (CMP-ME-Brunswick Serv Building) in Brunswick, Maine
Lineworker 3C (2/C or 1/C acceptable) (CMP-ME-Brunswick Serv Building)
Company: CENTRAL MAINE POWER CO
Brunswick, ME, US
About AVANGRID: AVANGRID, Inc. (NYSE: AGR) aspires to be the leading sustainable energy company in the United States. Headquartered in Orange, CT with approximately $40 billion in assets and operations in 24 U.S. states, AVANGRID has two primary lines of business: Avangrid Networks and Avangrid Renewables. Avangrid Networks owns eight electric and natural gas utilities, serving more than 3.3 million customers in New York and New England. Avangrid Renewables owns and operates a portfolio of renewable energy generation facilities across the United States. AVANGRID employs approximately 7,000 people and has been recognized by Forbes and Just Capital as one of the 2021 JUST 100 companies - a list of America's best corporate citizens - and was ranked number one within the utility sector for its commitment to the environment and the communities it serves. The company supports the U.N.’s Sustainable Development Goals and was named among the World’s Most Ethical Companies in 2021 for the third consecutive year by the Ethisphere Institute. For more information, visit www.avangrid.com (https://www.avangrid.com/wps/portal/avangrid/home)
POSITION - Union: Lineworker 3C (2/C or 1/C acceptable) (CMP-ME-Brunswick Serv Building)(43312)
NUMBER OF OPEN POSITIONS: 2
LOCATION: CMP-ME-Brunswick Serv Building
• Safely performs, under supervision, all types of transmission and distribution pole line work including climbing poles, installation of poles, cross-arms, transformers, cutouts, lightning arresters, wire and cable and other material related to line construction.
• Work on energized lines and equipment in accordance with Company regulations.
• Prepares and keeps such records as may be required and performs other appropriate work as may be assigned.
Skills and Requirements
• Must be a graduate of an approved vocational school, institute, or college with acceptable grades majoring in electrical and line worker training or have previous experience in line work. A qualified applicant may also be a first class service worker,
line worker apprentice or above.
• Must have a valid drivers’ license.
• Must be able to obtain a valid Class “A” Driver’s License prior to becoming a 3/C Lineworker unless you were a CMP Lineworker with a Class B driver’s license prior to 7/1/2009, and a good record of safe driving.
• Is subject to the Company’s random drug and alcohol testing policy
• Must practice Company safety policies and procedures
• Must be capable of performing all the essential functions of the classification
• Must successfully complete ongoing annual skill assessments.
• Must be available for job site reporting within CMP service territory.
Be a role model
Collaborate and Share
Develop Self & Others
Empower to grow
Focus to achieve results
Please note that any applicant who is not a citizen of the country of the vacancy will be subject to compliance with the applicable immigration requirements to legally work in that country
AVANGRID’s employment practices and policies are geared to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. At AVANGRID we provide fair and equal employment and advancement opportunities for all employees and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Learn more about equal employment by following this link (https://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf)
If you are an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who is unable to use our online tool to search for or to apply for jobs, you may request a reasonable accommodation by contacting our Human Resources department at 203-499-2777 or email@example.com