ConEdison Systems Specialist - IT BSD GIS Team in Brooklyn, New York
Systems Specialist - IT BSD GIS Team
Mar 10, 2021
Posting Expiration Date:Apr 12, 2021
Department:IT BSD OMS GIS Control Ctrs
Section:IT BSD GIS Team
Sr System Analyst or Systems Specialist - IT BSD Electric Control Center- SCADA Application Support (https://careers.coned.com/jobs/6468566-sr-system-analyst-or-systems-specialist-it-bsd-electric-control-center-scada-application-support)
PI Historian Administrator - Sr System Analyst or Systems Specialist
Systems Specialist - IT BSD Gas Work Management Mobility (https://careers.coned.com/jobs/6453001-systems-specialist)
Systems Specialist - IT Cloud Services
Technology Lead - IT BSD OMS Systems (https://careers.coned.com/jobs/6428096-systems-specialist)
- Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
This position provides support to our Gas Transmission and Distribution, Electric Distribution & Steam departments and other users throughout the company. In this role, the System Specialist will work with the GIS team to enhance, support and maintain the GIS application suite.
- SDLC Lead: Project Specialist to assist Systems Manager in the program management for the GIS Implementation, specific to ongoing integration work streams and future work streams as requested by our business partners.
- a. Responsible for delivery of project status on a weekly (report) and daily (dashboard updates, open item tracker) basis.
b. Work with the technical architecture team and PMO to organize work items, manage and ensure accuracy for work item documentation, and report on work stream progress on a recurring basis.
c. Act as a document custodian for documentation produced throughout the SDLC to ensure appropriate records management controls are in place.
d. Support Change Management & Release Management activities.
i. Release management is the process of managing, planning, scheduling and controlling software build through different stages and environments; including testing and deploying software releases.
ii. The Link between Change Management and Release Management. At a high level, Change activities relate to the process of requesting changes, assessing changes, authorizing changes and reviewing changes. Release activities include planning, designing, configuration, rollout planning, testing communication and deployment.
- The System Specialist is responsible for leading system development and vendor implementation efforts, from project initiation through post implementation support. This role will initiate the efforts, lead internal IT and cross-functional teams as required, engage vendors and company stakeholders, and monitor and control all project activity throughout the project life-cycle. This individual will have management responsibility over several IT employees and contractors. This individual will also be responsible for working on all aspects of new applications development as well as vendor systems implementations: Planning, Requirements Gathering, Business Analysis, Design, Development, Testing, Quality Assurance, Training, Implementation, and on-ongoing Technical Support. This individual will work on the on-going enhancement and technical support of the existing IT application portfolio in Business Systems Delivery. This individual will also work on day-to-day IT administrative tasks, problem solving, and issues resolution.
Project Role: Leads projects of moderate complexity, identifies business opportunities and creates a project plan to meet strategic objectives and outcomes. Prepares budget and tracks costs.
Portfolio Scope: Lead analyst for one or more technology products, subsystems of major enterprise applications or medium sized department portfolios. Plans multi-year outlook/roadmap for assigned portfolio. Manages and prioritizes customer requests (demand management). Analyzes business requirements and presents solution options to business needs. Provides expertise and delivers value beyond immediate initiative goals.
Deliverables: Design documents, deliver subsystems, develop project plans for medium complexity projects, and develop business case including value analysis. Develop applications.
Business Relationships and Management: Coaches and influences business managers in technology decisions. Engage with internal and external partners regularly to overcome blockers and develop efficient and widely usable products. Understands and anticipates the needs and requirements of business partners. Prepares and conducts regular status updates on moderate sized projects.
Vendor Management: Effectively develop, manage, and strengthen vendor relationships to align vendor products and services with business and IT objectives.
Decision Making: Provides guidance and develops alternatives and recommendations. Gains support for recommendations.
People Leadership: Manages employees and contractors. Provides regular development feedback. Lead IT team and work with cross-functional teams to achieve all project goals. Coach and technically train new team members.
Operations: Manages incidents including timely and relevant communication. Triage problems, remediate, analyze root cause, and implement incident prevention using techniques such as Human Performance Improvement.
Performance Improvement: Leads significant portion of IT process improvement teams. Ability to analyze, discover, and recommend opportunities for systems or process improvements.
Communications and Change Management: Communicates effectively across multiple stakeholder groups to influence project outcomes and steer towards enterprise goals. Proactively engages leadership at the manager and general manager levels. Partners on delivering successes and managing challenges early. Solicits and implements feedback. Manages change pro actively.
Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
Master's Degree And 10 years of technical software development experience Or
Bachelor's Degree And 8 years of experience GIS, Mapping, CAD software development
- Master's Degree Project Manager for at least a small/medium scale project using the waterfall methodology
Required Work Experience
Must be able to plan, organize and lead meetings. Must be able to translate functional to technical information. Must be able to develop documentation that will be consumed by users of diverse backgrounds and skills. Required
Must have excellent work ethics and integrity. Required
Must have ability to learn new technology as required for the job using documentation and other available resources. Required
Flexibility to work on multiple assignments with changing priorities and stay on schedule/on budget. Required
Formal training in Project Management is a plus. Preferred
Formal Project Management and/or Business Analysis skills a plus. Preferred
Experience implementing packaged software a plus. Preferred
Experience as a dedicated participant on a medium to large scale systems development project is a plus. Preferred
Exposure to Agile (Scrum) methodologies.
Skills & Ability
Demonstrated analytical skills
Strong written and verbal communication skills
Demonstrated problem solving skills
Demonstrated time management and priority setting skills
Excellent collaboration and team building skills
Must be proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint, etc.
Licenses & Certifications
Driver's License Required
Must sit or stand to answer a phone for entire shift
Must sit or stand to use a keyboard, mouse, and computer for entire shift
Other Physical Demands
Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory, as needed.
Provide 24x7 "On Call" support, 7 days a week.
Available to work off hours as operationally required.
Technical Difficulty Statement
- For technical issues, please contact us at[email protected]
Equal Opportunity Employer
- Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.