Con Edison Supervisor, Brooklyn Meter Customer Operations in Brooklyn, New York
Supervisor, Brooklyn Meter Customer Operations
Posting Expiration Date: Feb 27, 2024
Schedule Type: Full-Time
Minimum Salary: $80000
Maximum Salary: $110000
Organization: Customer Operations
Department: Credit and Field Operations
Section: CUST OPS Brooklyn Meter Ops
Location: NY-Brooklyn-Brooklyn Workout Location
Specialist, OR Customer Energy Services - Regulatory Support (https://careers.coned.com/jobs/13995817-specialist)
Energy Efficiency Program Manager, Non-Wires Non-Pipeline Alternatives
Section Manager 3L - OR Customer Assistance (https://careers.coned.com/jobs/13896786-section-manager)
- Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
Supervise and direct Credit and Field Operations employees in their daily work activities, which include collection activities, electric / gas meter installation, operation and maintenance, meter reading and compliance requirements.
Ensure weekly employees are adequately trained to perform their job functions by coordinating and scheduling training, communicating and delivering job training, and performing training and field observations and evaluations.
Implement Credit & Field Operations Customer Service Procedures and guidelines.
Monitor and ensure operator qualification and training requirements are met.
Handle currency (cash, checks) as collected during collections activities, verify counts for accuracy, and prepare and conduct deposits as needed.
Supervise meter related compliance observations as required by OSHA.
Ensure safe work practices are being observed. Conducts Job briefings, safety talks, OJTs, JSSE's, etc.
Ensures uniform and consistent administration of company procedures including Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO), substance abuse, security and productivity and Code of Conduct.
Participates in Site Safety support for weather-related ICS and/or Corporate CERC emergencies as necessary. Provides support on a 24-hour basis as needed during Corporate emergencies.
Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
High School Diploma/GED 5 years of work related experience
Associate's Degree 4 years of work related experience
Bachelor's Degree 2 years of work related experience
- Bachelor's Degree with a minimum of 3 years customer service experience preferred
Relevant Work Experience
Minimum of 2-5 years work experience required with a minimum of 1 year of Customer Operations experience or equivalent experience demonstrating strong customer-focused responsibilities Required
Excellent oral and written communication skills Required
Demonstrated ability to motivate and manage a workforce Required
Demonstrated ability to plan, schedule, and efficiently utilize significant equipment and human resources Required
Demonstrated ability to exercise independent judgment and render sound business decisions required Required
Possess strong computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Office products (MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Access) and the ability to learn new software applications Required
Must be detailed oriented and have excellent organizational skills Required
Must have strong leadership and problem solving skills Required
Prior supervisory experience Preferred
Prior work experience in an operating environment Preferred
Knowledge of gas and/or electric meter installations, cycle meter reading, turn on/off of gas and/or electric meters, underground and overhead electric equipment, theft of service, and remote metering devices Preferred
Knowledge of CIS and Customer Operations Credit and Collections policies and procedures preferred Preferred
1-3 years of Customer Operations experience or equivalent demonstrating strong customer focused responsibilities or leadership experience. Preferred or
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
Must be willing to obtain US DOT Operator Qualification for tasks associated with gas meter turn on/off, valve integrity testing, and identification of hazardous gas conditions.
Technical Difficulty Statement
- For technical issues, please contact us at [email protected]
Equal Opportunity Employer
- Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.