National Grid Senior Analyst, Regulatory and Technical Accounting in Brooklyn, New York
In accordance with guidelines regarding companies classified as Federal contractors and consistent with our core commitment of safety, National Grid has made the decision to require all new hires to be fully COVID-19 vaccinated as a condition of hire. "Full vaccination" is defined as two weeks after both doses of a two-dose vaccine or two weeks since a single-dose vaccine has been administered. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a religious belief or a disability can request a reasonable accommodation.
National Grid is hiring a Senior Analyst, Regulatory and Technical Accounting for our Controllership department in Brooklyn, NY.
Every day we deliver safe and secure energy to homes, communities, and businesses. We are there when people need us the most. We connect people to the energy they need for the lives they live. The pace of change in society and our industry is accelerating and our expertise and track record puts us in an unparalleled position to shape the sustainable future of our industry.
To be successful we must anticipate the needs of our customers, reducing the cost of energy delivery today and pioneering the flexible energy systems of tomorrow. This requires us to deliver on our promises and always look for new opportunities to grow, both ourselves and our business.
Responsible for developing regulatory strategy and accounting support for US Finance Controllership and advising management and executive leadership regarding regulatory issues, issuances, and rate matters.
• Ensure regulatory compliance with applicable jurisdictional utility regulations and accounting standards, with providing support to our accounting, and business development team for regulatory due diligence
• Supporting our utilities’ records and content management and tariff administration. Day to Day:
• Lead a cross-department team to develop regulatory applications, including supporting rate case proceedings, developing revenue requirement models, and informing teams of various tariff.
• Provide subject matter expertise on the Company’s tariffs and rules and the enabling state rules and laws.
• Reviews, analyzes, and reaches conclusions on complex utility filings that may be broadly scoped and have significant impacts to consumers and utilities, and advise accounting and controllership teams on potential impacts.
• Conduct research and summarize various utility regulation topics and industry developments and at times, will propose regulatory mechanisms or recommendations to internal management.
• Support various regulatory reporting functions, including advising on FERC accounting standards, GAAP Accounting standards, treatment of regulatory deferrals under various reconciliation mechanisms. Duties include draft technical accounting and assessment memos, rate case implementation memo’s, and ad hoc analysis.
• Reviews, analyzes, and reaches conclusions on complex utility filings that may be broadly scoped and have significant impacts to consumers and utilities,
• Translates complex and technical concepts into accessible terms for decision-makers through memoranda, information requests, presentations, and various communications. Including leading quarterly inter-department coordination meetings and leads on issue specific matters to various Jurisdictional accounting leadership.
• Leads on streamlining or improving existing administrative procedures, eliminating or replacing outdated processes, including regulatory tracking, general ledger review, and deferral mechanism support.
Bachelor’s Degree preferred with 5+ years in Financial Reporting and or Accounting with increasing responsibility
Demonstrated ability to meet assigned deadlines
Demonstrated critical self-review of work product
Knowledge of general ledger platforms and accounting system experience
Knowledge of gas and electric accounting or related specialized accounting discipline preferred
Background in utility service or similar industry accounting preferred
Ability to manage competing priorities and meet deadlines
Effective collaboration and partnership capabilities
Ability to communicate effectively with auditors
Excellent written / oral communication skills and follow-up
This position has a career path which provides for advancement opportunities within and across bands as you develop and evolve in the position; gaining experience, expertise and acquiring and applying technical skills. Candidates will be assessed and provided offers against the minimum qualifications of this role and their individual experience.
National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that values a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise. We foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve. National Grid is proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team.