National Grid Operations Support Supervisor in Brooklyn, New York
We are looking for a seasoned Supervisor to oversee the workflow of our GIS Mapping department.The supervisor will be responsible for work supervision, coaching, resolving issues, and serving as a link between subordinates and upper management.//
The ideal candidate will be a competent individual who will also be comfortable learning diverse software platforms. They will be well-versed in processes under the role’s responsibility and will be results-driven and focused.
Essentially we are looking for a supervisor with the ability to learn our business.
_Position Responsibilities (including but not limited to):_
· Direct supervision of company and vendor personnel involved in the collection and input of mapping data into the Geographic Information System (GIS).
· Effectively plan and implement plotting of all gas main installations and revisions into the GIS. Review workload and effectively utilize personnel to meet cycle-time and backlog goals.
· Review, approve and post maps and records projects into the GIS
· Direct and assign bargaining unit personnel to collect pertinent main and service data for entry into Company electronic mapping and database systems.
· Generate, develop and update necessary reports for the department and other management personnel.
· Provide accurate civil engineering records, plans and maps of underground distribution system.
· Develop and streamline department procedures and methods of maintaining and updating Company maps and records.
· Assist in the design and development of quality assurance/quality system practices and procedures and in vendor output acceptance criteria.
· Development and maintenance of good business relations with other departments, utilities, consultants and government agencies.
_Knowledge and Experience Required:_
· College graduate – Bachelor Degree in an Engineering discipline or equivalent work experience required.
· Experience in the supervision and maintenance of GIS and manual mapping systems desired.//
· Demonstrated leadership and supervisory skills necessary to direct, motivate, instruct and develop bargaining unit personnel in the operation and maintenance of electronic and manual mapping and information systems.
· Knowledge and understanding of the varied Company electronic and manual mapping and record systems as well as knowledge of map symbologies.
· Knowledge of federal, state and municipal codes and regulations, and company standards and policies.
· Solid analytical and technical skills to evaluate and determine or propose rules, practices, or procedures to ensure accurate and complete company or vendor converted and developed electronic facilities management systems.
· Possess excellent interpersonal, organizational, analytical, oral and written communication skills..
This position is one of National Grid’s career path roles which provide for promotional opportunities within and across salary bands as you develop and evolve in the position by gaining experience, expertise and acquiring and applying technical skills.
/National Grid is an equal opportunity employer thatvaluesa broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise. We foster a culture ofinclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve. National Grid is proud to bean affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team./
Job: *Operations Support
Organization: *Operations Support
Title: Operations Support Supervisor
Requisition ID: 20181017