National Grid Manager - Recruitment Strategic Sourcing in Brooklyn, New York
Every day we deliver safe and secure energy to homes, communities, and businesses. We are there when people need us the most. We connect people to the energy they need for the lives they live. The pace of change in society and our industry is accelerating and our expertise and track record puts us in an unparalleled position to shape the sustainable future of our industry.
To be successful we must anticipate the needs of our customers, reducing the cost of energy delivery today and pioneering the flexible energy systems of tomorrow. This requires us to deliver on our promises and always look for new opportunities to grow, both ourselves and our business.
National Grid is hiring a Manager – Recruitment Strategic Sourcing. This position will be located in Boston, MA.
The Manager Recruitment Strategic Sourcing works closely with the Head of Executive Recruitment and Strategic Sourcing. They manage the Sourcing Team, building capability, ensuring the use of innovative sourcing strategies and methodologies to identify and source candidates, finding and engaging with the best diverse talent in the market, delivering outstanding candidate experience and building a strong talent pipeline for National Grid’s current and future talent needs.
• Your passionate approach to people and team development will ensure your team is supported and focused on delivering for your candidates and clients. This focus will help you and your team achieve all career goals.
• Help to build a fun, collaborative team that strives to deliver best in class service for all its customers and promotes career development and opportunities in a meritocratic environment.
• You and your team will have access to cutting-edge inhouse and third-party recruitment technology which will require training and ongoing support.
The Manager Recruitment Strategic Sourcing supports our UK and US sourcers and is part of a global recruitment team.
You'll have the opportunity to not only manage a new team, but to join the business at a time of growth where genuine career progression into senior leadership is available.
As sourcing lead you will be a trailblazer, setting the standard for your team.
• Drive implementation of the sourcing strategy.
• Optimise the sourcing process.
• Balance team workload to optimise capacity.
• Drive team performance.
• Create innovative sourcing strategies making use of forums, online networks, and internet interrogation.
• Build team capability to source high quality candidates using online tools/networks/technologies.
• Support the Head of Exec Recruitment on some search activity.
• Support the recruitment team goals on time to hire and diverse slates.
• Support the team in maintaining data quality and accuracy within the company’s internal database.
• Establish robust market mapping and business intelligence disciplines across the team.
• Remain curious about emerging sourcing technologies and methods to help us on our journey to best in class.
• Minimum 7 years of experience in recruitment.
• Minimum 3 years managing a recruitment team.
• Solid record of driving for results, focusing on KPIs.
• Proven track record of recruiting for a variety of positions and levels.
• A high degree of customer focus and the ability to build and maintain professional relationships.
• Good attention to detail.
• Strong drive for results and a commitment to producing a high level of work efficiently and often within tight time frames.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to adapt to new processes and effectively deal with change and ambiguity.
• Excellent candidate management skills.
• Ability to plan, organize and prioritize.
• High levels of tenacity.
Waltham:$117K - $138K a year
Brooklyn: $126K - $148K a year
This position has a career path which provides for advancement opportunities within and across bands as you develop and evolve in the position; gaining experience, expertise and acquiring and applying technical skills. Candidates will be assessed and provided offers against the minimum qualifications of this role and their individual experience.
National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that values a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise. We foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve. National Grid is proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team.