National Grid Lead Process Manager, Process and Performance Improvement in Brooklyn, New York
National Grid is hiring a Lead Process Manager, Process Performance Improvement, for our Gas Organization. This position is based in Brooklyn, NY, but would consider Hicksvile or Melville, NY or Waltham, MA.
Every day we deliver safe and secure energy to homes, communities, and businesses. We are there when people need us the most. We connect people to the energy they need for the lives they live. The pace of change in society and our industry is accelerating and our expertise and track record puts us in an unparalleled position to shape the sustainable future of our industry.
To be successful we must anticipate the needs of our customers, reducing the cost of energy delivery today and pioneering the flexible energy systems of tomorrow. This requires us to deliver on our promises and always look for new opportunities to grow, both ourselves and our business.
The Lead Process Manager is a team member of Gas Organization E2E Workstream: Extend and Replace with Paving and Complex Capital. This position will primarily focus on supporting the Gas Organization progressing FY23 Efficiency Initiatives through the Fives Gates of the Gas CapEx OpEx Efficiency Program Operating Model. The Five Gates: Ideation and Submitting Business Case; Business Case Approval; Implementation Build; Implementation Build Readiness Assessment and Transition to Gas Organization “Ways of Working” and lastly, Handoff to PMO. The successful candidate must have projects management experience ensuring that all components of efficiency initiative build meet standard and are delivered on time.
Candidate will demonstrate strong business acumen, proven skills in lean and six sigma tools and experience maximizing automation opportunities to drive efficiencies. Experience in identifying, facilitating and coaching the successful delivery of performance gap closing projects and/or stretch targets; projects delivered on time achieving programmatic and financial targets. Must be results driven.
Candidate offers a track record of facilitating and coaching the application of Continuous Improvement tools. Strong public speaking and presentation skills.
Candidate thrives results driven organization.
Responsibilities (including, but not limited to):
• Ensures that 90% FY23 Gas CapEx and OpEx FY23 Efficiency Initiatives successfully pass Readiness Assessment. 95% FY24.
• Introduces progressive SME’s to Business Leads and core team to maximize initiative savings.
• Applies Standard CI Tools to unlock savings opportunities.
• Drives implementation of self-service tools (i.e. Power BI), drive its usage and helping drive a data driven performance culture at National Grid.
• Understands and manages system design, develop, test and implement stages with awareness of where controls are critical.
• Guarantees that end users are engaged in design and test of system and process changes.
• Demonstrates skills in change management.
• Bachelor’s degree, MBA preferred
• 5+ years of related experience in process improvement.
• Demonstrates Advanced Lean and Six Sigma skills.
• Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills including presentation skills.
• Experience using Microsoft Office, Visio, Agile, lean and project management tool e.g. Microsoft Project Management.
• Valid driver’s license required
• 25% Travel is required for this position within the State of Mass and NY.
National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that values a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise. We foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve. National Grid is proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team.