National Grid Associate Analyst, RCoE Demand Management & Continuous Improvement in Brooklyn, New York
* National Grid is hiring an Associate Analyst, RCoE (Reporting Center of Excellence), Demand Management & Continuous Improvement for our Finance department in Brooklyn, NY.*
Every day we deliver safe and secure energy to homes, communities, and businesses. We are there when people need us the most. We connect people to the energy they need for the lives they live. The pace of change in society and our industry is accelerating and our expertise and track record puts us in an unparalleled position to shape the sustainable future of our industry.
To be successful we must anticipate the needs of our customers, reducing the cost of energy delivery today and pioneering the flexible energy systems of tomorrow. This requires us to deliver on our promises and always look for new opportunities to grow, both ourselves and our business.
This position reports to the Manager, RCoE Demand Management & Continuous Improvement and is responsible for supporting the team with developing reporting processes, executing new demand requests, and partnering with customers to drive continuous improvement by increasing productivity, accuracy, efficiency, and effectiveness.
• Assist in the defining of business requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits business process descriptions, use cases and workflow analysis to challenge (where applicable) and translate them into actionable and deliverable solutions
• Provide support in the assessment of whether desired business outcomes have been satisfied by implemented solutions and take appropriate steps to remedy if not
• Perform and document testing of new and modified reports, as well as system performance and other related enhancements
• Support the process for managing the review of and responses to inquiries to the RCoE’s inbox
• Provide periodic updates to the RCOE’s customers of new or modified service launches, upcoming trainings and system outages
• Support the RCOE’s user training and education efforts
• Assist in monitoring and identifying risks / issues and overseeing change impacts. Support the delivery of change across Finance/Shared Services and the business by embracing new ways of working and owning delivery of key outcomes to drive the improvement of long-term business capability
• Identify and implement process improvements that deliver values to the organization.
• Support National Grid rate cases and annual audit processes by providing timely responses.
• Support a Center of Excellence for defining, documenting, implementing, and maintaining reporting processes using software tools, spreadsheets and reports to support business decision-making. Proactively seek opportunities to enhance operational efficiency through best practice
• Support the financial control framework, ensuring compliance with all appropriate controls including those required for Sarbanes-Oxley compliance
• Support the management of RCoE service level agreements (SLAs) and assessment of key performance metrics (KPIs)
Knowledge and Experience:
• Business Intelligence systems, reporting tools, and data structure
• Report creation
• Data mining
• General and technical accounting knowledge
• System implementation
• Utility industry accounting
• US GAAP, Sarbanes-Oxley, and IFRS
• Process Management
• Month-end close processes
• Risk mitigation
• Bachelor's degree or advanced degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or Information Systems
• Knowledge of finance processes and terminology
• Basic project management and problem solving skills
• Effective collaboration and partnership capabilities
• Ability to manage competing priorities and meet deadlines
• Excellent written / oral communication skills and follow-up
This position has a career path which provides for advancement opportunities within and across bands as you develop and evolve in the position; gaining experience, expertise and acquiring and applying technical skills. Internal candidates will be assessed and provided offers against the minimum qualifications of this role and their individual experience.
_ National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that values a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise. We foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve. National Grid is proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team. _