National Grid Analyst - US Income Tax Operations in Brooklyn, New York
National Grid is hiring a Tax Analyst - Operations, for our CFO function in Brooklyn, NY.
Every day we deliver safe and secure energy to homes, communities, and businesses. We are there when people need us the most. We connect people to the energy they need for the lives they live. The pace of change in society and our industry is accelerating and our expertise and track record puts us in an unparalleled position to shape the sustainable future of our industry.
To be successful we must anticipate the needs of our customers, reducing the cost of energy delivery today and pioneering the flexible energy systems of tomorrow. This requires us to deliver on our promises and always look for new opportunities to grow, both ourselves and our business.
Reporting to the Director US Income Tax Operations, this role is responsible for all aspects of income tax operations in the US. This includes the complete income tax cycle with primary focus on tax accounting, tax financial reporting, tax compliance, and tax audit and controversy resolution work. This role also supports and interacts extensively with tax plant work as well as tax forecasting, tax analysis and regulatory work on a regular and as needed basis.
• Support delivery of income tax operations including:
o Monthly tax provision calculations in accordance with US GAAP and IFRS.
o Income tax account reconciliations, including tax basis balance sheets and account roll forwards.
o Complex unitary state tax provision calculations and related balances.
o Maintaining uncertain tax positions calculations and associated analysis.
o Maintaining income tax general ledger within SAP and associated bookkeeping of journal entries.
o Maintaining income tax provision software (OneSource)
o Income tax deliverables for the semi-annual financial statements in accordance with IFRS.
o Income tax deliverables for the quarterly financial statements in accordance with US GAAP, including consolidated financial statements.
o Income tax deliverables for quarterly financial statements in accordance with FERC & PSC reporting requirements.
o Liaison with independent auditors
o Annual consolidated Federal income tax return
o Annual Federal income tax returns on behalf of unconsolidated affiliates.
o Partnership tax returns.
o Unitary, combined, and separate state income tax returns including apportionment factors, state modifications and filing groups.
o Forms 1120F, 8831, 5472.
o Deliverables needed for FATCA reporting and withholding tax compliance.
o Income tax compliance software (CorpTax) and e-filing requirements
o Audit defence, controversy resolution and settlements.
o Day-to-day interaction with Controllership regarding accounting activities
• As a member of the broader Income Tax Team, assist tax forecasting, analysis and regulatory work, tax plant work, and tax research and planning as needed.
Supervisory/Interpersonal- Experience Required
Able to successfully manage competing priorities.
Enjoys working in team setting and willing to make recommendations for improvements.
Good communication skills.
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting
• Diverse experience (3 years plus) in tax field with a concentration in income tax accounting, reporting and compliance.
• Basic knowledge of income tax accounting and reporting principles in ASC740, IAS 12 and Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) income tax reporting standards (a plus).
• Basic knowledge of federal and state filing requirements, including filing dates, necessary forms, disclosures and elections. Strong expertise in income tax compliance software (CorpTax).
• Experience within regulated utility industry, a plus
• Experience with standardizing and optimizing processes, bringing consistency and excellence in the delivery of tax service.
• Participating in complex tax technical discussion and analysis.
• Exhibit high personal standards of commitment and integrity.
• Strong interpersonal skills and focus on team building.
• Ability to build and foster relationships with key stakeholders and work on collaborative teams.
• Managing multiple priorities.
• Self-starter with confidence to take ownership to deliver positive results.
• Ability to exercise independent judgement and initiative, and to work under tight deadlines to drive results.
• Ability to navigate a highly matrixed organisation including the ability to work across/with various business units and functions.
$80k - $100k a year
This position has a career path which provides for advancement opportunities within and across bands as you develop and evolve in the position; gaining experience, expertise and acquiring and applying technical skills. Candidates will be assessed and provided offers against the minimum qualifications of this role and their individual experience.
National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that values a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise. We foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve. National Grid is proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team.