Con Edison Engineer - Gas Transmission Integrity Management in Bronx, New York
Engineer - Gas Transmission Integrity Management
Nov 16, 2022
Posting Expiration Date: Dec 4, 2022
Schedule Type: Full-Time
Minimum Salary: $100000
Maximum Salary: $130000
Organization: Gas Engineering
Department: Gas Engineering
Section: Gas Eng Trans Integrity Mgmt
Location: NY-Bronx-Van Nest Service Center
Sr Analyst, Shared Services FP&A (https://careers.coned.com/jobs/11382224-sr-analyst)
Maintenance Supervisor- Steam Ops- East River Mtce
Electrical Technician L1-2, SUBST OPS PST Dept Office (https://careers.coned.com/jobs/11370696-electrical-technician-l1-2)
Project Manager -Developer and Demo Energy Storage Projects
Analyst, Steam Ops - Steam Ops Planning (https://careers.coned.com/jobs/11306648-analyst)
Project Specialist-Gas Transmission Eng - Gas Control (Compliance)
- Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
The Engineer is responsible for leading and/or supporting various initiatives associated with the Transmission Integrity Management Program. Under the general guidance of supervision, directs or performs specific engineering assignments of major size or complexity. For those assignments, makes independent decisions on engineering problems and methods. Ensure compliance with all applicable Company safety, health, and environmental programs. Comply with Company EEO policies and instructions. Provides technical counsel and guidance in all matters related to construction standards.
Responsible to address new Mega Rule Regulations including: IMP plan revisions, Specification & OJT Revisions, specification and OJT creation related to new regulatory requirements and communications and training.
Perform External Corrosion Direct Assessment (ECDA) program functions which includes: excavation package creation, coordination of 3rd party correlation field package creation and field visits, ECDA Form Reviews and B31G Analysis of Pipe Anomalies.
Responsible for the TIMP risk model including: new model research, selection; and migration to new model and the prioritization of pipe replacement and preventative & mitigative measure adjustments.
Responsible for internal & external audit preparation and support including audit protocol.
Coordinate TIMP annual review & quarterly meetings.
Internal corrosion monitoring program corrosion probe data collection.
Develop Request for Proposals for specialized services (Metallurgy; Corrosion; ILI, etc.).
Responsible for TIMP data analysis and reporting including strengthening of TIMP program performance measures.
Responsible for preventative & mitigative measures process improvements including as-builts, record keeping, transmission main assets (bridges, yards, tunnels, etc.) and aboveground pipeline inspections/assessment programs.
Perform PHMSA Mega Rule Gap Analysis.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering And 3 years of engineering, construction, operations &/or regulatory-related work experience, with 1-2 years management experience
Relevant Work Experience
At least 3 years of engineering, construction, operations &/or regulatory-related work experience. Required
At least 1 year management experience. Req
Skills & Ability
Demonstrated problem solving skills And
Strong written and verbal communication skills And
Ability to drive multiple projects to successful completion
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Must sit or stand to use a keyboard, mouse, and computer for entire shift
Must stand to use operate office equipment for entire shift
Must be able to read small print and symbols.
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
Technical Difficulty Statement
- For technical issues, please contact us at [email protected]
Equal Opportunity Employer
- Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.