Eversource Energy Supervisor, Gas Dispatch (Brockton, MA) in Brockton, Massachusetts
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHmr45H8xZE)Responsible for supervising 24/7 Emergency Dispatch Operations Center. Schedules, monitors and manages daily work assignments for both Dispatch personnel and Company’s field operations, including the dispatching of emergency calls related to public safety. Manages the dispatching of routine service calls, handles elevated customer issues and serves as liaison between Field Operations and Customer Care. Responsible for meeting PURA/DPU compliance requirements with respect to gas emergencies, associated reporting and follow-up investigations.
- Manages the scheduling and coordination of dispatch work force personnel, on a twenty-four hour, seven days a week basis, to meet constant fluctuating work flows, resulting primarily from customer requests and emergency conditions.
- Provides guidance and direction to determine the nature and extent of both emergency and routine trouble calls. Directs the assignment of appropriate service personnel based upon the nature of the trouble call, monitors progress and adjusts work force as needed.
- Manages dispatching policies and procedures: develops implements and monitors the effectiveness of department policies, including the effect on public safety, maintenance, meter services, customer service and PURA/DPU requirements.
- Collaborates with both Field Operations and Customer Care to manage the daily routing and scheduling of work orders throughout the Gas system.
- Performs emergency On-Call duties for Dispatch and Storm Duty as assigned. Oversees field activities and maintains continuity while working jointly with Gas Management during emergency or incidents on the Gas distribution system.
- Manages the daily routing and scheduling of field operations personnel throughout the Eversource system. Develops, implements, and monitors the effectiveness of customer service and mechanic work assignments.
- Manages customer information activities for Dispatch relative to Meter Services Mechanics, IT, Telecom and Customer Care regarding informational requests, meters and service requests, customer inquiries, requests to turn service on or off, service interruptions and emergencies.
- Investigates and reports on late gas emergency responses. Provides reports to PURA/DPU as required.
- Collaborates with other departments to develop enhancements and modification C2, CIS, CAD, Clickserve and related systems and equipment to meet field needs, corporate mandates, legislation, regulation and internal control requirements.
- Manages the assignment of After Hour emergency markouts using TelDig and CBYD to field personnel.
- Oversee and manage the automated call out process using the ARCOS system used after hours for field personnel.
- Manages Meter Services support function that performs order closing, timesheet input, red tag policy, demolitions, coordination with Building Inspector and PT appointments.
- Reviews and approves time, purchase requisitions and invoices related to department activity.
- Develops employees through the use of performance management, coaching, performance reviews and training. Effectively promotes a continuous learning environment.
- Resolves employee issues and concerns in a fair and timely manner and creates a positive and safe work environment supporting exchange of ideas and opinions.
- Develops and monitors operating budget for Dispatch support functions.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities with the capability to direct the work of others.
- Ability to work in a high-pressure environment.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Knowledge of metering, regulation and gas fired equipment.
- Knowledge of customer service activities and customer relations.
- Good working knowledge of, or ability to learn, C2, CIS, CAD systems, Clickserve, ACRS, ARCOS, Wordnet and Workstation.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field, or equivalent related experience
- Five plus years of related experience.
- This is a Safety Sensitive position and subject to random drug testing.
- Must be available to work emergency restoration assignment as required.
- Must be available to travel between MA/CT/NH as necessary.
- Work is performed primarily in an office environment which requires sitting, standing, walking, and using computers and telephones. Travel to other company locations between MA and CT is required. Travel to other non-company locations to attend training may also be required.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
Eversource requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by their first day of employment. If you have any concerns regarding compliance with this requirement, you will need to discuss your concerns with Eversource’s HR department after you have been made a conditional offer of employment. Eversource does not require applicants to discuss vaccination status prior to receipt of a conditional offer of employment and complies with all applicable laws.
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.
- Eversource Energy Jobs