American Electric Power Maintenance Mechanic-A in Bridgman, Michigan
This position is for an experienced Maintenance Mechanic
Perform and coordinate complex technical and specialized work of a highly skilled nature in connection with the maintenance of plant equipment and facilities. Work with others in conducting engineering studies and special projects to help ensure the overall successful performance of plant equipment.
Direct and coordinate the repair of all types of valves, pumps, centrifugal and reciprocating air compressors and associated equipment.
Direct and coordinate the surveillance of and maintenance of diesel engines and associated auxiliary equipment.
Be qualified to operate machine shop equipment such as lathe, milling machine, surface grinder, sharpener, etc., operate powered tools and hand tools, and operate moving and lifting equipment.
Prepare and maintain records, job orders, etc.
Obtain clearance permit and ensure that equipment to be worked on is properly cleared and tagged.
Perform calculations to determine weight and center of gravity to ensure accurate rigging and lifting/movement of equipment.
Auto req ID:
Education: High School diploma or GED.
Experience: 30 months as Maintenance Mechanic B, plus seven and one-half years of related experience. Thorough knowledge of the priciples of mechanics and physics relative to nuclear equipment.
REQUIREMENTS – OTHER: These are additional expectations for the job and could include specific work experience, license /certifications, pre-employment testing, expectations about travel, shift work, etc.
1) Successful completion of the Plant Maintenance Selection System (MASS) test is required for this position. A review
of Employment Testing Information, Test-Taking Tips, and the MASS Practice Test may be helpful. A link to these
materials may be found at AEP.com Careers by selecting Employment testing.
2) Read and interpret complex blueprints, drawings, flow-prints, etc.
3) Assemble, disassemble, bend and form material and equipment under any condition.
4) Perform complex layout work.
5) Direct and coordinate the proper alignment of equipment and equipment components.
6) Assist with re-fueling and other fuel handling operations.
7) Assist in the training of other employees.
8) A physical abilities assessment is required for this position.
9) Ability to lead and direct employees.
10) Support and participate in the Emergency Plan Organization, HAZMAT response organization and Corrective Action Program activities as assigned, and in accordance with procedures and policies applicable for the assigned role.
11) Perform all duties, and work with others in a safe manner, in compliance with appropriate company safety policies and rules.
12) Assume responsibility for continuously upgrading knowledge and skill.
REQUIREMENTS – PHYSICAL DEMANDS: List any physical demands required for this job
1) Performance of duties will involve work in hazardous areas and possible radiation exposure within the limits
prescribed by the NRC.
2) Work location will include a plant environment which may include exposure to: heat, cold, and noise.
3) Work location will include outdoors, and therefore subject to weather conditions.
Equal Opportunity Employer | Minorities/Females/Disability/Vets