DTE Energy Senior Wind Technician in Breckenridge, Michigan
Senior Wind Technician
Breckenridge, MI, US
Company: DTE Electric Company
Job ID: 7829
DTE is one of the nation’s largest diversified energy companies. Our electric and gas companies have fueled our customer’s homes and Michigan’s progress for more than a century. And as Michigan’s largest source of renewable energy, we’re creating a cleaner, healthier environment to power our future. We’re also serving communities beyond Michigan, where our affiliated businesses offer renewable energy, emission control technologies, and energy services to industries in 19 states.
But we’re more than a leading energy company... and working at DTE is more than just a job. At DTE, we take great care of each other and our customers, and we use our energy to be a force for growth and prosperity in our communities. When you join us, you’ll be part of a team that welcomes, recognizes, and celebrates differences and values everyone’s health, safety, and wellbeing. Are you ready to make that kind of difference? Bring your energy to DTE. Together, we can achieve great things.
Testing Required: Wind Technician Climbing and Lifting Assessment
Responsible for leading preventative maintenance and corrective maintenance on wind turbines and related equipment, including operational duties as directed by leadership. Leads inspections, operations, and repairs involving mechanical, electrical and hydraulic equipment. Documents adverse equipment conditions and malfunctions. Ensures adherence of health and safety procedures.
• Performs inspections, operations and maintenance of wind turbines and balance of plant equipment
• Identifies and recognizes when equipment and/or machinery is outside of normal operating limits
• Maintains records of work performed and ensures precise measurements, a strict order of operations, and all safety procedures are completed
• Follows company safety procedures to ensure all hazardous energy sources are isolated prior to performing work on equipment (e.g., lockout-tagout (LOTO), etc.)
• Uses proper communication with coworkers to ensure duties are performed safely and effectively
• Leads warranty claim investigation and management
• Responds to call-outs in accordance with pre-specified criteria
• Understands equipment codes relative to the malfunctions and able to develop proper resolutions
• Completes all internal requisite training/certification within designated time frames
• Develops and revises operations and maintenance related procedures.
• Performs and maintains housekeeping standards and duties
• Leads routine Preventive and Predictive Maintenance on all wind park systems and equipment
• Leads Corrective Maintenance efforts on selected equipment when properly trained
• Assists with coordinating/scheduling tasks, resources and activities to reach pre-specified goals
Minimum Education & Experience Requirements
This is a dual-track base requirement job; education and experience requirements can be satisfied through one of the following two options:
High School diploma or GED with six years of relevant wind experience; OR
Associate’s degree or Wind Certificate, inclusive of four years of relevant wind experience
• Advanced knowledge of AC & DC electrical systems
• Advanced knowledge of rigging, rotating equipment, shaft alignment, torqueing, mechanical drawings, electrical drawings, condition-based monitoring (CBM) systems, high voltage systems
• Advanced knowledge of wind turbine software systems and CMMS systems (ie. GE Toolbox and Wind SCADA, Maximo)
• Experience in Major Component Exchange (MCE)
• Ability to maintain and repair all mechanical, hydraulic and electrical systems of a turbine
• Ability to climb heights with tools and equipment, including turbine/tower ladders that mayexceed 260 feet
• Ability to lift items including heavy equipment, parts, and tools that may weigh more than 50 pounds
• Ability to identify and lead repair activities when a turbine or related equipment performs abnormally
• Ability to meet attendance requirements
• Ability to travel to other locations
• Has valid Driver's License (NON CDL)
• In order to properly perform the integral functions of this job, the employee is frequently required to climb, stand or walk and sit. Frequently, the employee is required to balance and stoop, kneel, crouch or occasionally, crawl. It is crucial to the outcome of job tasks that the employee is able to: talk or hear; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and constantly reach with hands and arms.
• Vision requirements for this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee works both in a utility plant environment and outdoors. In the course of working at the plant site, the employee will be exposed to outside weather conditions, including hot/cold, wet and/or humid conditions, works near moving mechanical parts and/or machinery.
Incumbents may engage in all or some combination of the activities and accountabilities, and utilize a variety of the competencies cited in this description depending upon the organization and role to which they are assigned. This description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by incumbents in this job. It is not intended as an all-inclusive list of accountabilities or responsibilities, nor is it intended to limit the rights of supervisors or management representatives to assign, direct and control the work of employees under their supervision.
At DTE Energy, we are committed to providing an inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcome and a sense of belonging. We seek individuals with a heart for service, a passion to help our communities prosper, and ideas to help shape the future of energy. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer that considers all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, disability, national origin, citizenship, height, weight, genetic information, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status or any other status protected by law.