Eversource Energy Vice President, Substations & Transmission Lines Engineering in Boston, Massachusetts
Job Description Summary:
Role and Scope of Position:
This position has primary responsibility for the leadership and direction of the substations & transmission lines engineering organization and shares in the optimal performance, utilization and management of the substation & transmission line system assets. Manages a group of approximately 280 union and non-union individuals.
- Directs the Substations & Transmission Lines Engineering organization by establishing and monitoring organization goals, policies, plans, standards, performance objectives and budget. Establishes operating and financial objectives and manages area financial resources.
- Leads the organization to establish standardization and sharing of best practices across all three states to improve efficiency of capital program execution (cost & schedule) and maximize system reliability.
- Leads the organization by inspiring and motivating the workforce to achieve pre-established goals and objectives.
- Oversees the development of the substation & transmission line assets long range plan and annual capital programs in collaboration with Substation Operations.
- Develops the annual plans and budgets for Substations & Transmission Lines Engineering including staffing levels, work sourcing strategies and Engineering deliverables.
- Oversees the process to benchmark and evaluate equipment performance and evaluates the cost and benefit of potential improvements and ensures equipment specifications and standards are maintained.
- Leads the organization to ensure that all Substations & Transmission Lines Engineering activities support NERC/NPCC compliance.
Technical Knowledge/Skill: Requires thorough knowledge in substation & transmission line design and planning, protection and control, managing capital and operating budgets and plans; and working cross functionally. Demonstrated leadership in strategic planning. Demonstrated ability to influence and lead others.
Education: A Bachelor's degree in Engineering is required. An advanced degree is strongly preferred.
Experience : A minimum of 15 years of related experience is required.
Requires knowledge of substation and transmission line design and planning, protection and control, managing capital and operating budgets and plans, and working cross functionally.
Demonstrated leadership in strategic planning. A strategic planner and analytical thinker with ability to translate strategies into sound tactical plans and implement effectively.
Demonstrated ability to influence and lead others.
Commercial mindset - strong financial and commercial/business orientation, including proficiency in regulatory matters, budgeting, financial accountability. and productivity enhancement.
Licenses & Certifications: n/a
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor