Eversource Energy System Operations Trainer – Human Performance, MA. in Boston, Massachusetts
Job Description Summary:
There is one opening in Berlin, CT., one opening in Manchester, NH and one opening in Dorcester, MA.
Please include a resume with your application. Please indicate your preferred location, CT., MA., or NH.
Role and Scope of Position:
Develops, conducts and implements advanced switching and tagging training, human performance training, and transmission and distribution System Operations Training, for CT, MA and NH. Training includes both classroom and on-the-job training and incorporates both conceptual and hands-on instructional methods.
- Performs analysis, design, development, implementation and evaluation in the context of advanced switching and tagging training, human performance training, and transmission and distribution System Operations Training in CT, MA and NH.
- Conducts advanced switching and tagging training, human performance training, and transmission and distribution System Operations Training program activities consistent with the Systematic Approach to Training, adult learning principles and training program policies and procedures.
- Assists in incorporating simulation into System Operations Training in CT, MA and NH.
- Receives and evaluates training requests and presents to System Operations Training management.
- Evaluates procedures, practices and regulatory changes and modifies advanced switching and tagging training, human performance training, and transmission and distribution System Operations Training materials as required.
- Administers the Eversource Authorized Personnel List (APL).
- Effectively implements training programs and field quality audit programs.
- Evaluates and recommends vendor provided training content and services.
- Represents System Operations Training at meetings, on committees and at conferences.
- Assists operations management in the coordination of response to system emergencies and participates in event review teams and incident analyses as requested by operations management.
- Knowledge of electric distribution and transmission system and field operations.
- Knowledge of functions of the various components that make up the Eversource electric distribution and transmission system.
- Thorough knowledge of electric system switching and tagging procedures and practices.
- Familiarity with OSHA Electric Power Generation, Transmission, and Distribution regulations (i.e. 29 CFR 1910.269).
- Thorough knowledge of human performance and human error reduction tools.
- Familiarity with transmission and distribution SCADA and other transmission and distribution operations support applications.
Knowledge of the Systematic Approach to Training.
Knowledge of instructional design and adult learning principles.
- Familiarity with learning management systems.
- Proficient with classroom and online presentation technologies.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to read and interpret electrical schematic diagrams.
- Communicate and work effectively with personnel at various levels within Eversource and external parties.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering Technology or related discipline or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Eight (8) years of related experience in electric power distribution, transmission or generation.
- Four (4) years of experience as in electric distribution or transmission field or system operations preferred.
- One (1) year of experience as a trainer in a formalized training program preferred.
Licenses & Certifications:
- Valid motor vehicle operator’s license
- Must be available to work emergency storm assignment as required.
- Must be available to travel between MA/CT/NH as necessary.
Know the business plan and how your role connects to it:
- Identify problems, issues; take responsibility for resolution
- Set high standards for self; deliver quality performance
- Raise ideas for improvement
Communicate, communicate, communicate
Follow through on commitments made to manager, colleagues, and customers.
- Address difficult or controversial issues and encourage others to do the same.
Have honest dialogue with others
Set performance goals that align with department and company goals
- Meet regularly with your supervisor/manager to discuss your performance
Seek opportunities to develop skills and gain knowledge through on the job opportunities, i.e. working on projects, attending meetings, etc.
Work collaboratively within and across the organization to achieve “One Company” and other goals
Recognize and address cross functional implications of your work
Incorporate the diverse ideas and perspectives of team, colleagues, and customers in your work
Proactively seek out opportunities to improve business performance and customer service.
- Respond positively to new demands or circumstances
Exhibit a “can-do” attitude to support changes in priorities and work processes
Deliver superior service to our customers, both internal and external, in a reliable, attentive, courteous, quality, proactive and timely manner
Number of Openings:
Technical Trainer Jobs
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
- Eversource Energy Jobs