Eversource Energy Supervisor Meter Technical in Boston, Massachusetts
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here!
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY:
Eversource Energy is the largest Energy delivery company in New England. We support 3.6 million Gas and Electric customers across CT, MA and NH. Be a part of our mission to deliver reliable energy and superior customer service. ENERGY- BRINGS US TOGETHER!!
Role and Scope of Position:
Responsible for the timely and effective completion of meter field service orders, meter tests and communication of results back to initiating department or process.
- Recruits, develops and supervises staff which includes training, scheduling, interpreting/administering of union contracts and conflict resolution.
- Supervises testing, repairing and calibration of meters, meter devices and metering equipment.
- Identifies and communicates group and individual performance measures and expected performance levels, assesses team/individual performance and realigns performance measures, as appropriate.
- Ensures compliance with regulations and Company policies, changing operating procedures, as necessary.
- Effectively interacts with customers and resolves concerns, as necessary.
- Assists in the design of meter and service installations.
Ability to use PC desktop applications (e.g., Microsoft Word, Excel, E:Mail). Requires ability to effectively conduct field audits. Also requires familiarity with Company operating and safety procedures as related to field and metering activities. Knowledge of both Massachusetts and National Electrical Code, particularly as it pertains to service and the Company’s billing processes and systems.
Requires an Associate’s Degree in Electrical Engineering and/or six (6) years electric utility power experience, particularly in the areas of metering or engineering. Supervisory experience in a union environment preferred.
Licenses & Certifications:
Requires valid Massachusetts Driver’s License
Work is performed primarily in an office and field environment.
Requires ability to perform physical aspects of field services including walking, climbing stairs, installing and removing meters.
Overtime may be required at times.
On call Storm Duty assignment as necessary.
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
- Eversource Energy Jobs