Avangrid Manager - Investment in Boston, Massachusetts
Manager - Investment
Company: AVANGRID RENEWABLES, LLC
Boston, MA, US
About AVANGRID: AVANGRID, Inc. (NYSE: AGR) aspires to be the leading sustainable energy company in the United States. Headquartered in Orange, CT with approximately $40 billion in assets and operations in 24 U.S. states, AVANGRID has two primary lines of business: Avangrid Networks and Avangrid Renewables. Avangrid Networks owns eight electric and natural gas utilities, serving more than 3.3 million customers in New York and New England. Avangrid Renewables owns and operates a portfolio of renewable energy generation facilities across the United States. AVANGRID employs approximately 7,000 people and has been recognized by Forbes and Just Capital as one of the 2021 JUST 100 companies - a list of America's best corporate citizens - and was ranked number one within the utility sector for its commitment to the environment and the communities it serves. The company supports the U.N.’s Sustainable Development Goals and was named among the World’s Most Ethical Companies in 2021 for the third consecutive year by the Ethisphere Institute. For more information, visit www.avangrid.com (https://www.avangrid.com/wps/portal/avangrid/home)
The Investment Office is a part of the Planning & Analysis organization and is primarily accountable for evaluating all renewable origination and asset development transactions to ensure accurate pricing and valuation. It serves as both a challenger and partner for our Development, Origination, and Projects, and Offshore teams. The team also heavily interacts with other local and international corporate departments such as Control, Treasury, and Risk Management. The Manager – Investments is a leader within the Investment Office and manages the economic assessment of our Onshore Wind and Solar pipeline in the eastern half of the US (non-WECC & CAISO) as well as our Offshore pipeline. The Investment Manager reports to the Senior Director, Investment Office.
• Modeling the value, pricing and risk of projects in development and construction, asset acquisition and divestment opportunities, as well as the operating portfolio
• Providing independent challenge to business opportunities from a project, portfolio, and global perspective
• Leading the contract and project capex budget approval processes, including the Company's deal evaluation and approval process (DEVA) and ensuring management decisions are based on the best information available with appropriate consideration of risks and opportunities
• Managing the East Investment Office team, including the prioritization of tasks, escalating issues to the Sr. Director, Investment Office as needed, as well as the mentoring and development of the East Investment Office team members
• Support the modeling of asset performance for the evaluation of project and tax equity financing opportunities in conjunction with Treasury and Control
• Supporting ad hoc requests from different business areas including market and competitor analyses
Skills and Requirements
• A Master of Business Administration degree is preferred or bachelor’s degree in economics, finance, or related field in combination with equivalent on-the-job experience
• Experience in the utility/energy industry with more than 5 years in business and financial analysis
• Proven experience in the development and use of comprehensive financial models
• Knowledge of and proven experience modeling partnerships, tax equity financing, project finance, structured finance and M&A transactions is a plus.
• An ability to build relationships with individuals at all levels of the business
• Demonstrated strong technical and analytical skills with the ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines
• Strong presentation skills, combined with excellent written and verbal communication skills are a must
• Microsoft Office advanced user (Excel, Power Point, Word)
• English language proficiency, both written and verbal. Spanish language proficiency/fluency an advantage.
Be a role model
Collaborate and Share
Develop Self & Others
Empower to grow
Focus to achieve results
Our Selection Process
All offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a medical Fit for Duty exam, background check, references, drug screen, verification of legal right to work in the U.S., and in some cases, a credit check. A credit check will be administered when a prospective employee will be working in Finance, Accounting, Treasury or where duties may involve handling of funds, accounts or cash. A Motor Vehicle (MVR) check will be administered when a prospective employee will be regularly using a company vehicle. Avangrid Renewables is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, status as an individual with a disability, or any other status or class protected by federal or state law.
Please note that any applicant who is not a citizen of the country of the vacancy will be subject to compliance with the applicable immigration requirements to legally work in that country
Avangrid employees may be assigned a system emergency role and in the event of a system emergency, may be required to work outside of their regular schedule/job duties. This is applicable to employees that will work in Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, and New York within AVANGRD Network and Corporate functions. This does not include those that will work for Avangrid Renewables
AVANGRID’s employment practices and policies are geared to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. At AVANGRID we provide fair and equal employment and advancement opportunities for all employees and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Learn more about equal employment by following this link (https://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf)
If you are an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who is unable to use our online tool to search for or to apply for jobs, you may request a reasonable accommodation by contacting our Human Resources department at 203-499-2777 or email@example.com