INTREN AP Supervisor in Bolingbrook, Illinois
Location: Bolingbrook, IL
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The AP Supervisor is responsible for accurately compiling amounts owed by the company to vendors, suppliers, or other organizations/individuals. Responsibilities also include maintaining all payment and transaction records, working with several departments within the organization to ensure accurate coding of transactions, various reporting requirements and supervision of Accounts Payable staff.
•Managing all aspects of the Accounts Payable process.
• Receive invoices via mail/email, process for approval & post.
• Entering invoices into accounting system.
• Assist in preparation of the weekly check run.
• File Invoices and preparing checks for mailing.
• Expense report processing for cash transactions.
• Check request processing.
• Assist with W-9”s, 1099’s, and Use Tax
• Miscellaneous Accounts Payable functions and reporting.
• Supervise and mentor Accounts Payable staff in all aspects of their job.
• Evaluate annually and provide feedback on performance of AP staff.
• Work with Accounting staff to reconcile any ledger discrepancies or posting reclasses from AP entries.
DESIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
Requires effective oral and written communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills and strong computer literacy. Good problem-solving skills and the ability to multi-task are essential. Must be a self-starter, and have the ability to organize and prioritize work.
• High School diploma or equivalent, required.
• Associates degree or higher, preferred.
• Five years of Accounts Payable experience preferred.
• Supervisory and leadership experience, required.
• Should have general knowledge of accounting and understanding of the GL accounts and how they relate to invoices.
• Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills.
• Willingness and ability to work under time pressure to meet month end close deadlines.
• Knowledge of Viewpoint Vista ERP system preferred, but not required.
• Strong communication skills.